• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder Strategy Guide

marroon69

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Strategy Guide

While this book does not present any new options it does a great job of organizing and explaining the core game. They simplified character creation, reorganized the game play and combat rules and even added little advice/tips bubbles through out the book. While this book is not for everyone I would recommended it at tables with new players.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
4 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Strategy Guide

I have a new player, new for the entire hobby. I'll try this. Plus there are always "veteran players" that don't know how to calculate AC and stuffs.

Starfox

Hero
3 out of 5 rating for Pathfinder Strategy Guide

This book tries to be an introduction for new players f the Pathfinder game. As a conversation piece on your coffee table, this might work; when I open the book at a random page, I usually find something intriguing on that page. The intended use of the book is as a guide to what character to play, and how to advance that character once you're playing, and I feel it only does a mediocre job there. There is simply too much text for someone who has not yet decided if Pathfinder is something they want to delve deeper into.

I can see uses for this book, but for the kind of circle-of-friends games I run, it is useless. Still giving it a middling rating as others may find more use for it.

Remove ads