Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Unchained in 2015

darjr

I crit!
I really like this idea. Don't break the system, adapt it.

Can I run existing adventures with it? Older material will work with it? Maybe not player stuff but DM stuff? I hope so that would be cool. And monsters on the fly is always good.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
If it's like the 1E Unearthed Arcana, it will be exactly that: something that enhances the system, but is fully usable with what has come before.

I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

sidonunspa

First Post
Testing the waters for a 2.0? I am not concerned ab9out backwards compatability anymore with 3.x type games. I want them to make a game that looks like 3.5 though even if they redid the math and rewrote spells and feats.

For sure....

my guess, they are seeing how far the player base will follow them..

Pathfinder is already suffering from a bit of power bloat, there are things they have been wanting to "fix" for years...

to be honest, I hope they do a 2.0, the game needs it (in my opinion)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I think rogue, monk and summoner need some improvement and if that means completely ravamping these problematic and weak classes into something more usable compared to the remaining classes, its a good thing. I'd like to see fighter thrown into that mix as well. At the start of PF, I was glad for the 3x compatibility, but at this point I wouldn't mind see some improvements and divergence from 3.5.

Gundark

Explorer
So how will this affect the AP series? I wonder at what point they will convert over? Most likely it'll be based on how well the book sells.

Ultimately this is a perfect example of how marketing can shoot a new edition in the foot or have everyone drink the kool-aid.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The exclusive details of Pathfinder 2 can be found here (4m16s):

[video=youtube;NvAuMKKyA5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvAuMKKyA5U#t=4m16s[/video]

Gundark

Explorer
I said this on my Twitter and I'll say it here.

"No reason for us to get in a muck around with the rules" ....except isn't this book about getting in a mucking round with the rules?

marroon69

Explorer
WTF.....

Backward compatible was a major reason this game is my favorite....WTF!!!! I do not want new versions of pathfinder support the one you have. Every says you do not have to switch...you are right but then will get no more of my money for another version.....tooo bad they were doing it right. I hope this is a one off...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Backward compatible was a major reason this game is my favorite....WTF!!!! I do not want new versions of pathfinder support the one you have. Every says you do not have to switch...you are right but then will get no more of my money for another version.....tooo bad they were doing it right. I hope this is a one off...

Calm down. Take a deep breath!

Remove ads