Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Unchained in 2015

Makes sense.

Pathfinder needed to be backwards compatible with 3.5e when it launched. But now allowing people to use their 3.5e books is a little dated, as there's more than enough PF material.

And there are some classes and options that they didn't get *quite* right when first launched. The rogue and monk are a little weak and the summoner is a little strong. This sounds like a good way to "fix" those classes without mandating errata. People who want a better rogue or less OMFG broken summoner can buy the new book but people who are okay with the old (or have applied house rule fixes) can used the original.

I imagine some of it is also testing for Pathfinder Revised or 2nd Edition. Seeing if they can redesign the classes in a new way without losing the essence of Pathfinder while also not just doing what WotC is doing. Separating the classes and games a little.

Still, is this the spring hardcover for 2015? Seems a little small for that.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Backward compatible was a major reason this game is my favorite....WTF!!!! I do not want new versions of pathfinder support the one you have. Every says you do not have to switch...you are right but then will get no more of my money for another version.....tooo bad they were doing it right. I hope this is a one off...

IIRC, according to Paizo, core book sales continue to increase each year. Why would they risk splitting their fan base and losing sales?

Look for Pathfinder 2.0 when the majority of their fans demand it (by declining sales and waning interest) - and that time is not now.

Remove ads