• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] Well done, Paizo! (Pathfinder RPG)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Essentially, it dispels one effect. (The "area dispel" is gone from "Dispel Magic" but *is* still in "Greater Dispel Magic".)

That was where my recommendations went.

I'm kind of on the fence about leaving the area dispel in for Greater. I am of the opinion that buffing/debuffing is a matter of system mastery. Stripping (and recalculating) buffs en masse at 5th level is certainly too much for the typical DM/player to handle without agitation. It's a fun suck.

The question is, is it still too much at 11th level?

ferratus

Adventurer
Are rogues still less able combatants than warriors but still the primary trap and skill monkeys, or do they have warrior BAB to be effective both in and out of combat?

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
If you target a creature, you make one roll, and starting with the most powerful active spell, you use your result against the DC (11 + spell caster's level) to see if it's dispelled. If not, you go to the next lower ability and see if the number you rolled would beat that. And so on until an effect is dispelled or you run out of effects. Once an effect is dispelled, the dispel ends.

Wouldn't the effects normally all be at the same caster level? Even if some buffs were from the 6th level cleric and others from the 7th level wizard, it seems if you fail to dispel one you'll likely fail against all the rest.

edit: Maybe I should start a different thread. This seems too specific a discussion for the current topic.

Rokes

First Post
If you target a creature, you make one roll, and starting with the most powerful active spell, you use your result against the DC (11 + spell caster's level) to see if it's dispelled. If not, you go to the next lower ability and see if the number you rolled would beat that. And so on until an effect is dispelled or you run out of effects. Once an effect is dispelled, the dispel ends.

Wouldn't the effects normally all be at the same caster level? Even if some buffs were from the 6th level cleric and others from the 7th level wizard, it seems if you fail to dispel one you'll likely fail against all the rest.

edit: Maybe I should start a different thread. This seems too specific a discussion for the current topic.

Potions and wands?

kitsune9

Adventurer
So it looks like Power Attack got changed. The way I read it, you only take a -1 penalty to hit, but you get +2 damage. If you're wielding a 2-h weapon or if your primary attack gives you 1 1/2 Strength damage, you get another 50% damage on top of that (so +3 if you wield a 2 h sword for every -1). However, you're limited to just -1 penalty until your BAB goes to +4 and every +4 thereafter, and then you take another -1.

The way I see this though it's an all-or-nothing, so if you have a +8 BAB and Power Attack, you have to take a -3 penalty to hit. Not bad since your trade off is an extra +9 dmg should you attack with a greatsword. What will suck is when I lay the smack down on you players characters with my monsters that dish it out and with their BABs being higher. OUCH!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads