• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Azgundi Tournaments

Shayuri

First Post
He casts a glance at Shayuri, some more recent apprentice of Entan's or something, and quite unfamiliar to him. "Well that's strange." is all he says out loud, and continues walking off towards the registration for the Tournaments, chewing a bit more on the long blade of grass between his teeth.

(OOC - He doesn't remember her questioning him just a few minutes ago? :))

"Strange?" Shayuri asks, jerking around to look at Alaric after being momentarily spellbound by the Lady Dawn. "Strange doesn't begin to describe it! She invited you...me...both of us... I don't even know her! Have you met her before?"

Arkhandus

First Post
Alaric shrugs. "Nope. Never met 'er b'fore. So, 's strange. Not that I aim t' dis'point, so I won't sleight 'er by ignorin' the invitation, outta the blue though it is." He keeps on walking, thinking on the situation. He silently curses himself for losing track of his devious plans for Entan.

(ooc: Nah, it just means that he isn't familiar with her at all beyond the fact that she's someone who's studied under Entan or something, relatively recently, unlike the apprentices he's trained alongside. Alaric's been running around the countryside and then working in Entan's lab for quite a while recently.) :heh:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Tournament Grounds: The Line

As Lucius, Rennaldo, Johen, Aohdan, Valen and Rungner converse, the line steadily moves forward. Alaric and Shayuri soon make it to the end of the line. Alaric notes the presence of his companions from Silvergard in the line, a dozen people ahead of him, along with the towering presence of a half-ogre. Muzdum also joins the line and finds himself just a couple of people behind Alaric and an exotic Emiran woman. The dwarf also notes the presence of Valen, Aohdan, Johen and the half-ogre further up the line.

Finally, each in turn, they find themselves standing before the tournament officials being asked the following.

"Do you intend to compete for a lordship and if so, which one?" OOC: The list of open lordships is in the first post of the OOC thread.

"Which events do you intend to compete in? Remember, you must compete in at least five events to be eligible for a lordship." OOC: The list of events is likewise in the first post of the OOC thread.

Finally, they are instructed to mark their name in the roster and produce proof of Azgundi citizenship (record of birth in an Azgundi province or certificate of membership in the Adventurer's Guild).

OOC: After registering for the tournament, also include in your next IC post what your character is doing after registering (even if it is hanging around waiting for former companions so you can catch up).

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri eyes the signup sheet and fights to quell the butterflies in her stomach as she eyes the events. No surprises, exactly, but...would this work? Was it even legal?

She looks up at the tournament official helping her and asks, "Do I have to choose just one lordship, or can I elect to compete for more than one?"

She then signs off on the events she feels best prepared for:

Archery
Debate
Drinking Contest
Dueling
Oratory
Castles

One more than strictly necessary, but she wanted at least one "extra," just in case. Otherwise losing one would seal her chances.

Once she's signed up, she hovers nearby, trying to inconspicuously see what Alaric's signed up for.

Yttermayn

First Post
Aohdan approaches, barely listens to the words of the officials, and begins signing his name next to several events, all the while jack-jawing at Johen about anything that comes to mind without really looking at what he's doing on the paper. He signs next to archery, dueling, wrestling, drinking, joisting, and debate. He also puts his name next to the Silvergard lordship and actually stops to look at his work. He cocks his head to the side as he notices his name next to debate, and realizes he had thought it said something else. "Oh well." he said and shruged. As he set the quill down, he noticed some fellow named "Chad" wrote his name so big that it ran to the edge of the page, and then down in a wierd taper that made the letters appear to be hanging.

Helfdan

First Post
Once e is in front of an official, Valen speaks confidently.
"I am Valen Sablewood. I will compete for lordship of Silvergard. I shall participate in the contests of Archery, Drinking, Dueling, Fox Hunt, Joust, Castles, and Wrestling."

He then waits around for his friends, including the latecoming Muzdum, to complete their own registrations.

EximiusNero

First Post
Lucius walks up and signs his name on the sheets for Archery, Dueling, Wresting, Drinking and Castles. "I will be competing for the Belle Cheval Lordship". After, Lucius waits for Renaldo.

Amaury

First Post
Johen simply nods to Aohdan's chit chat whilst waiting for his turn. He then produces his Adventurer Guild certificate, and registers his name to Debate, Oratory, Castles and Fox Hunt.

He then moves on to wait for his companions and stares at the queue of participants trying to guess what these people would be competing for.

Yttermayn

First Post
Aohdan waits for Johen and Valen to finish up, then says "I have the feeling that that mercenary causing trouble will cause even more. I want to follow him and see where he goes, and who he associates with. I'm a bit conspicuous, though..." he trails off and looks meaningfully at his sneakier companions.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have heard rumors of trouble brewing at this year's tournament and I have come on behalf of my order to protect and serve the people.[/COLOR] Any sport I take part in while rooting out evil is just a bonus for me", He smiles broadly. And it seems you all know each other, have you come to take part in the tournament together?"
"Actually, I regrett to have never had the Honor of meeting any of you before now. Renaldo. Renaldo D'Argauissi, member of the Elite gurad of House d'Anovia, and if you will be so kind as to excuse a moment, it is my turn to sign the roster..."

He quickly turns to the official when addressed and signs the roster after procucing papers to prove his citizenship by birth.

He answers the questions of the officiial as follows; No he not competing for a title, so he signs his name next to one event: Dueling Tournament. Finishing quickly, he gives the judge a polite bow, his hat still in his hand from his previous conversition with the others in the line.
Moving off to the side to let others continue he himself continues with his conversation,"I do hope to meet you all again some time in the near future, however, i must return to my charge at this moment."

He then bows and takes his leave, his hat now returnng to his head.

Last edited:

Remove ads