• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard

Yttermayn

First Post
Aohdan's dilated and now non-glowing eyes seemed to clear finally, and he took in his surroundings. "Why are you all looking at me?" he asked. He thought back to what had been happening moments before. "Oh." he said. "Oooohhhhhh..." he added. "So, that wasn't a dream then?" he asked, looking at his companions shocked faces.

Amaury

First Post
Johen spots the flying creatures in the distance and seeing his companion is better Johen pulls him and the others towards some cover and says: "Let's hide! Norali, where's that entrance of yours??"

Helfdan

First Post
Valen has his own bow ready, but studies the situation a moment. "Hold, Aleera. It may be we have something to learn from what passes between the orcs and yon creatures. Do not be so hasty."

Yttermayn

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
"Nay lad, ye eyes where all glowin' 'nd ye was sayin' all kin' o' crazy thin's! Ye alright lad?" Muzdum says, with concern.

"Glowing?!" asked Aohdan incredulously. Aohdan thought for a moment. "Did I say anything usefull?"

shadowmask

First Post
crazy_monkey1956 said:
Corath

Jolly pours himself another cup of tea as he considers his next words.

"I've told you as much as I care to about your history which, in truth, is as much as I know. There are other things I must attend to, and, of course, things for you to attend to as well. Momentous things are happening. Of greater significance than even the Shadow War. You will play an important role in these things. But, in the meantime, your former companions need you. As I recall, you made a vow to protect one of them. That, and my beloved niece, Norali, is with them."

Jolly is about to pour a second cup, apparently for Corath, then thinks better of it, shaking his head in amusement. "Well, what are you waiting for. Get going. Lots of ground to cover and little enough time for it. Oh, before you go..."

He pulls a slender pole, a staff of sorts, though sized for a halfling, from a nearby wardrobe, "Give this to the alchemist, if you would please. Utterly useless to him as a weapon, I'm afraid...well, unless he happens to know the reduce person spell, but he should find it useful nonetheless. Well, useful in regards to you at least. He'll know what to do with it." He smiles and winks at Corath as he hands it over. "Tell him to save the last ten charges until you're ready for them."

Jolly abruptly turns and sips at his tea while looking through a small diary entitled, Sun and Shadows Triumph Over Darkness. "Off with you then."

[sblock=What Corath learned from Jolly]Corath was one of the orginal nimblewright's created in Thay to act as icognito bodyguards to Enchanter's Circle spies in Azgund. The nimblewright's were specifically designed to "outduel the duelists." Corath was assigned to guard a Thayvian of the Enchanter's Circle who had insinuated himself into the court of Lady Dawn de Guare just prior to the Shadow War, working his way up to become her seneschal. The ruse was finally revealed when the spy and Corath were ordered to assassinate Aluan Velestri and Damaera Silverbrook at their second wedding ceremony. The nimblewright that Corath was toppled a guard tower on top of most of the participants (the spy had overseen the building of the guard tower and had it constructed so as to topple when a specific stone was removed). Corath was buried and ceased functioning. Jolly explained that he infused her with new life, though how he did that was something he chose not to reveal. The elemental spirit that had originally animated her was replaced with something more...an independent, free-willed spirit. As to who that spirit is, Jolly was cryptic, saying only that it is, "Corath, isn't that all that matters?"[/sblock]

Corath takes the small staff, nods at Jolly, and stands. "Thank you for your hospitality. I will remember your advice." She hefts the staff in his direction in acknowledgement. Turning with more grace than her companions would remember, she leaves. Which way...North, I believe. She walks with speed and purpose, determined to catch up with her companions before they got into too much trouble. I'm free.

Jemal

Adventurer
William wanders around the cavern for a few moments awestruck before finally managing to speak, his words breaking the millenia long silence "What is this place, good lady?"

Remove ads