• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend - Tragedy at Silvergard

Arkhandus

First Post
"Well, good luck then. The dragon's name is Shraezek, apparently. I don't think he understands anything but the draconic tongue." Alaric tells the elves, in Elven. "And welcome, Aleera."

To Shraezek, the alchemist just says "These elves will go with you for a while. They want to help stop the plague too, I think. Farewell." in Draconic.

Finally, "Now if everybody doesn't mind, I'm going back to sleep so my mind isn't too scrambled to cast any spells tomorrow." in Common. The sleep-deprived wizard flops back down onto his bedroll.

Yttermayn

First Post
Aohdan watched all the activity with a look of mild irritation. Once Alaric flopped down, Aohdan followed suit with a shrug. "'Night, y'all." He said to no one in particular. He closed his eyes and tried not to worry about who's watch it was next. He'd done his part of it, he was sure.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Time Passes

The elves and the dragon travel south, back down the make shift trail the group used the day before. The group is able to finish the night's rest without any further incident.

Over the next several days, Aleera proves to be valuable as a stealthy scout with some modest wilderness skills, though Valen and Johen surpass her in knowledge of nature. She is rather untalkative however and the group gets the sense that she is not a typical elf in many ways. There is a hardness and bitterness to her that seems very out of place for an elf.

As the group heads further into the mountains, the terrain becomes rugged and they soon leave the sparse woods behind in favor of light shrubs and a great deal of harsh and treacherous slopes and cliffs.

At the dawn of the fourth day since meeting the elves, Norali says, "We should be nearing the secret tunnel my uncle spoke of."

Aleera, however, returns from a scouting patrol (she only rests four hours a night and spends time not on watch scouting the area), looking grim but with an eager viciousness in her eyes that is unsettling, "There are orcs nearby. Let us bring swift and merciless vengeance upon them!"

The Cliff Tunnels

William walks through the cliff face, which is evidently an illusion covering the entrance to a roughly carved tunnel through the rock. The illusion also blocks the light, so William finds himself unable to see, except the faint luminescence of his ghostly guide. He does, however, hear the trickle of water nearby...a welcome sound to his parched throat.

The spirit answers his question, "His name is unknown to me. He travels with another Tureni, a woodsman by his appearance; as well as a dwarf, a young centaur, an Azgundi man, and a halfling. They travel into the mountains, toward Silvergard."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"First words ye say, that make sense to me elf, let's smash some orc skulls!" Muzdum says, getting into his armor, and grabing his weapon and shield. "This day, me grampy will be avenged"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Is the water safe to drink from?" William asks his guide, as he stumbles and gropes his way over to it, drinking if she gives the clear sign. Once his throat is no longer afire, he sits and looks over at his glowing guid.
"M'lady, you are either exceedingly lucky, or exceedingly unlucky, depending on how truthful your claims are. This group you describe could only be my companions whom I search for. A Dwarf, a Centaur, a Halfling, and two Tureni - one a druid, the other a woodsman. If your claims are true, I am certain I can convince them to help you. If not, then you'd best kill me now, for I'll not help you if they give me good reason to believe you are less than truthful about being the victim in your story."

Arkhandus

First Post
"Well, I guess I'll go along to make sure you don't get in over your heads. I'll maim an orc or two for Shraezek, I guess." the alchemist says with some hesitation.

Remove ads