D&D (2024) Pax West 2023 - Acq Inc in Greyhawk

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think Perkins/Crawford said something more recent than that - as in, within the past month or two.

Something along the lines of they've already got the next setting release lined up and ready for announcement and that they were excited to talk about it once Planescape is out, presumably whenever they finally drop next year's release roadmap.
Maybe: time will tell. A Forgotten Relams slipcase for, say, the Sea of Fallen Stars would make a lot of sense.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I was catching up on the pax east Acq Inc with Perkins DMing that one as well. He used nothics in the episode which are tied to a curse by Vecna, which we is supposedly be prominent in 2024ish. I always enjoy Perkins when he DMs as he seems to have as much fun as the players.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was catching up on the pax east Acq Inc with Perkins DMing that one as well. He used nothics in the episode which are tied to a curse by Vecna, which we is supposedly be prominent in 2024ish. I always enjoy Perkins when he DMs as he seems to have as much fun as the players.
If you don't mind putting out a brief summary I Sppilers, what exactly brought them to Greyhawk?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Having seen that WoTC using Greyhawk in the last 2 cons, do we think Greyhawk will be a setting for 2024 or even the main setting like Livign Hreyhawk in 3.0? Main setting would be a little outside my expectation but I am hoping we get something Greyhawk heavy setting.
THere's a possibility that they may bring it back for the 50 anniversary (possibly as a a crappy slipcase) or as the "sample" setting in the DMG.

I think they've implied another setting release (whether single book or slipcase) next year, and given it will be the 50th anniversary, either Greyhawk or a proper Forgotten Realms guide would be my guess.

Furthermore, as others have noted, the '24 DMG is said to contain a "sample setting", which could very much be Greyhawk as well.

So I'd say chances are decent.

One gets the DMG chapter (Greyhawk most likely), and the other gets somekind of slipcase or book (most likely FR) for the 50th. But the book/slipcase might be delayed until 2025 for all we know, I mean outside of the 2024 Core Books and the Vecna adventure nothing has been announced for 2024 so who knows if any setting products have been delayed till 2025.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
One gets the DMG chapter (Greyhawk most likely), and the other gets somekind of slipcase or book (most likely FR) for the 50th. But the book/slipcase might be delayed until 2025 for all we know, I mean outside of the 2024 Core Books and the Vecna adventure nothing has been announced for 2024 so who knows if any setting products have been delayed till 2025.
Yeah, it does feel like something beyond Vecna and the Core is likely, and a FR slipcase moving out of the Sword Coast would make a lot of sense.

Remove ads