• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PC Races

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Something old, something new, something borrowed...nothing too blue.

I'd like the bases covered that the basic game didn't hit- maybe Oni of some kind, a playable fey gnome, and so forth- but some kind of system for generating balanced homebrew races and/or Arcana Evolved-style racial classes would be a godsend of a tool.

That would do for races what Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous (one of my favorite 3PP D&D products of all time) did for Holy Warriors.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I second the fey gnome idea.
Cat races seem to be popular with certain people.
A lycanthropic race that is actually playable.
Maybe a plant race.
A janni type race so I can stop shoehorning elves, dwarves, halflings and gnomes in my Al-Qadim. Actually this is a peeve of mine. I don't want races from my celtic land clones to invade my other culture areas. Maybe ideas to reskin races so they fit in other cultures, though this is pretty specific and maybe I'm the only person who would want something like this.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
do you mean like a race of dwarven like peoples but with maybe a more fire elemental or earth elemental feel to them?

Chronologist

First Post
I'd like to see a few races based on elemental planes, some fey races, and a couple of new regional races. I also wouldn't mind seeing a few racial modifications for use in modern-style and space campaigns.

Sigurd

First Post
Excuse my flip response, I couldn't help it. :)

I think the golden ring for a race book is really how the races integrate back to the existing game. I can get alternate racial pluses and minuses from dozens of websites but a race book with 6 races that fell into logical relationships with each other and the existing pathfinder races would be my choice.
You'd have to show up the other race books that have tried to sell 8 pages at a time. I think the size of Denarii really stands out. If you had a couple of Fey races, a subjugated race, a master race, a flying race and a subterranean race I think you'd have a winner. If the races had plausible relationships with the core races so a DM knew where they went you'd be golden.

Don't ask for much do I :).

Maybe you liked my previous response.

S

Remove ads