• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCGen output issue with AC

Ghost2020

Adventurer
I'm having an issue with PCGen 5.12.1 that the number under the MISC section for AC (armor class) is correct on the computer, when I print or export it pulls in some number, not sure where it's getting that.

The AC still ends up being correct though, just wrong number in the MISC box.

Any help would be great.

thpr

First Post
Ghost2020 said:
I'm having an issue with PCGen 5.12.1 that the number under the MISC section for AC (armor class) is correct on the computer, when I print or export it pulls in some number, not sure where it's getting that.

The AC still ends up being correct though, just wrong number in the MISC box.

Any help would be great.

Can you tell me a bit more about the situation?

What export/print sheet are you using? (so I can isolate that it's the code and not the output sheet?) Have you tried another sheet to validate that there isn't an error in only one output sheet?

If the problem exists in multiple output sheets: What class is the PC? What Race is the PC? What is the PCs Dex? What equipment is the PC wearing that impacts AC? You can email me the PCG file if that's easier.

Thanks.

TP.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
I'm doing a print out of the sheet and a PDF (whatever the first option is under printing).

I'm using the modern srd ruleset, basic. Ordinary heroes, levels 5-6.

I shot you an email to show you the files.

thanks!

thpr

First Post
For those following this issue, there is a typo in the Game Mode for Modern.

Should anyone desire to fix this problem, look for a file (relative to the PCGen install):
system\gameModes\Modern\miscinfo.lst

In that (text) file, there is a line that defines ACTYPE:Misc. It looks like this (note: tabs get compressed and enWorld inserts a space for some reason):

ACTYPE:Misc ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Base|Armor|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor|Equipment|Shield

One simply need add |ClassDefense to the REMOVE, so the line looks like this:

ACTYPE:Misc ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Base|Armor|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor|Equipment|Shield|ClassDefense

TP.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Thank you for all of your help!

I was using the fantasy export sheets now that you mention it. So I'll export them correctly, with the correct sheets and also use the typo fix too.

Thanks much!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads