PDF Character Sheet + PHB2

Khashul

First Post
I've looked around but haven't seen any or heard any news of a PDF Character sheet including the PHB2 stuff.

Does anyone have any plans of making one or know of one I can get? I find them easier to use than the excel ones so would prefer it. If not I might give it a go but it's not something I've tried before.

Thanks in advance

Martin

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
A lot of those projects have fallen by the wayside now that the official and fairly-well-working official character creator is out.

I know I LOVED the Wonko character sheet, but finally gave in and subscribed when I wanted to whip up a gnome dark warlock and realized it just wasn't going to happen anytime soon. We still have a player that really will miss the use-during-combat functionality of it that can't be replaced by the official product.

DS

Khashul

First Post
That's a real shame, I don't really want to pay the fees for the DnD Insider stuff, I think it's quite enough to shed out so much money for the books.

I used to use eTools for DnD 3.0-3.5 and loved that program, guess we wont see anything like that again?

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
A lot of those projects have fallen by the wayside now that the official and fairly-well-working official character creator is out.

I know I LOVED the Wonko character sheet, but finally gave in and subscribed when I wanted to whip up a gnome dark warlock and realized it just wasn't going to happen anytime soon. We still have a player that really will miss the use-during-combat functionality of it that can't be replaced by the official product.

DS
What? You can use the DDI Character builder sheets just fine during combat. You can click the checkboxes, adjust your hit points, most things can be right-clicked to be manipulated... there's even a short/extended rest option in the menus ;)

That's a real shame, I don't really want to pay the fees for the DnD Insider stuff, I think it's quite enough to shed out so much money for the books.

I used to use eTools for DnD 3.0-3.5 and loved that program, guess we wont see anything like that again?
Pay $8 for one month's subscription, download and update the character builder. You don't ever have to pay again after that initial $8, and the "upgrade" to full can be downloaded 5 times in that one month. So, for less than $2/ea, you could theoretically get 5 players a copy of the character builder. It runs just fine without an active subscription, you just can't update it to include newer content and fixes, etc.

If you don't want to pay that little for such a great program... I've got nothing to tell you other than stop being a cheapskate ;)

Note that sharing the program between your entire group is almost certainly a breach of the TOS. Not that I care, just pointing it out for anyone who does care. :)

DanmarLOK

First Post
It is against the ToS as RAW of the DDI subscription to allow others to use it. Although dev's have posted otherwise, the legalese of the ToS does prohibit sharing an account in any fashion.

Remove ads