PDFs - Does size matter?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I have a 256 PDF, it's selling for $12. I must admit that I do not reccomend this buisness model. Being able to focus on a small topic makes the document easier to format and you don't have to worry as much about cohesion with other products. The market is clearly aiming toward smaller products and that's the advice I would give anyone starting in the PDF publishing world.

Not that it's what I'll be doing myself. But I'm not terribly bright sometimes.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Modern Player's Companion, Voulme 1.
Blood and Space
Future Heroes: Cyborgs

These are my top three favorite. There are others I really like as well.

tarchon

First Post
I don't care about the size but I do wish people would stop wrapping them in zip archives. That 1% compression isn't worth the effort.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Size doesn't matter to me.
If it is interesting and written well that is enough for me.
Bookmarks are a bonus though, really like those.
I will say though that if it is a large PDF it will take me longer to read though since I already work all day in front of a PC and dont want to read a book that way.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
tarchon said:
I don't care about the size but I do wish people would stop wrapping them in zip archives. That 1% compression isn't worth the effort.

We don't have a choice with RPGnow - that's how the distribution works.

In addition, it prevents a lot of problems, as PDFs open natively in browsers, so the purchaser would have to remember to click the save button after opening the PDF, or lose it.

By having it as a zip file, the user is prompted for a place to save it.

Voadam

Legend
philreed said:
So what are three quality PDFs in your opinion?

Complete Minions

Book of Templates

Libris Equitis Compiled

Three I like a lot, have used, have inspired stuff for my game, and have material for me to use more of.

Remove ads