• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(peach)

HDTVDinner

First Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but what the heck is with all the PEACH, p.e.a.c.h. (PEACH) stuff what does it mean? Are people just that hungry?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's something that some folks brought over from the WotC boards, and apparently stands for "Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly" or somesuch.

I am not a fan.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, why even say it? It is like saying you do not think your fellow posters can or will do so.

I find it about as annoying as people who post a link to a random thing, are too lazy to post their own opinion and write "Discuss".

Ah, well, we all have pet peeves, but PEACH is sure a common one.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It's the "P" and "H."

"Evaluate And Critique" is all that is needed and adding the "Honestly" makes it frivolous and inciteful since it implies that critiques are dishonest (and invalid) if I say anything that you would disagree with. Saying "please reply" in a post ON a discussion board, is just ire worthy since it's like you are begging people ON A DISCUSSION BOARD to respond to you and also implies you are trying to oblige them to respond even though they may not want to reply.

What makes the PEACH acronym even more worthless is that "It's trash, discard it and start over" is an honest critique, albeit not verbose or detailed and goes contrary to the desires of a PEACH request.

Last edited:

OnlineDM

Adventurer
It's not an acronym I'd ever use (and I'm pretty sure it goes back before the WotC boards - I know I've seen it on non-gaming boards before), but it doesn't annoy me too badly. I do think it's a little too "cutesy" which might rub people the wrong way.

I don't think the "please" part of the acronym is a problem; I'd have no problem if someone put up a suggestion and said "Please critique" or "Please let me know what suggestions you have to make this better" or something like that. The "please" is nice, in my mind.

The "honestly" part isn't too bad either. I'd interpret someone who spelled out, "Please evaluate this and offer me your honest critiques" as saying, "Don't spare my feelings - if you really think it's awful, please say so honestly." That's not a useless thing to say; people do sometimes hold back or try to phrase things nicely in an effort to spare someone's feelings (yes, even on the Internet).

So, while I don't really like the acronym due to its "cutesiness" I don't have any problem with someone actually spelling out a polite request for honest feedback.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
So, things are not too peachy for PEACH?

It's not an acronym I'd ever use (and I'm pretty sure it goes back before the WotC boards - I know I've seen it on non-gaming boards before), but it doesn't annoy me too badly. I do think it's a little too "cutesy" which might rub people the wrong way.

I don't think the "please" part of the acronym is a problem; I'd have no problem if someone put up a suggestion and said "Please critique" or "Please let me know what suggestions you have to make this better" or something like that. The "please" is nice, in my mind.

The "honestly" part isn't too bad either. I'd interpret someone who spelled out, "Please evaluate this and offer me your honest critiques" as saying, "Don't spare my feelings - if you really think it's awful, please say so honestly." That's not a useless thing to say; people do sometimes hold back or try to phrase things nicely in an effort to spare someone's feelings (yes, even on the Internet).

So, while I don't really like the acronym due to its "cutesiness" I don't have any problem with someone actually spelling out a polite request for honest feedback.

if you take the pleas and honestly off , then all you have is "eac" or EEEEEAAAAACCCCC! or would that be 'eek!' ?

Remove ads