• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pennant of Heaven's Armies - I Win button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailstop

First Post
Is it just me or is the 16th level Invoker utility power Pennant of Heaven's Armies too powerful?

I realize it is a daily, but having a conjuration that is sustained with a minor action and grants allies in LOS a bonus (not even a power bonus) to all defenses equal to the caster's Wis bonus too powerfull? That doesn't even get into the bonuses to fear saves and damage (which isn't so bad).

Basically it seems the only way to deal with that is to stun the PC (and more to the point, not a stun that can be saved...or the leader can deal with that first.

Anyway, having the entire party with defenses +6 (or more!) just seems to make hitting very, very difficult...and very difficult to circumvent.

Quartz

Hero
I'm not familiar with the power, but anything that's based on Line Of Sight is usually ridiculously easy to counter. The trick is to rigorously enforce the LoS. Throw a blanket over the caster's head. Mist. Darkness. Anything that breaks LoS. Or simply put a big monster in the way.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Please put questions about rules into the appropriate Rules forums, not in General Disucssion. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads