• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) People called me a troll but I called it that they were gonna Buff the Wizard

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
Wizards also get to have 1st and 2nd level spells at-will earlier now, so by level 15 you can add 5 modifications to a spell using an 8th level slot and 2k gp at most, then cast them like a cantrip.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Tabby's force ball *

fireball that is force and only effects enemies has no components and has 6,000 extra ft of range will take a few weeks but will be so the best 3rd level spell ever.

*TM pending

I guess they didn't name the company Monks of the Coast
It's been a few days since they released the playtest so you probably already know this, but this can't be done. Modify spell alters an arcane spell. When you follow it up with create spell, the spell becomes a wizard spell, not an arcane spell. At most you can make a single change to a spell.

mamba

Legend
It's been a few days since they released the playtest so you probably already know this, but this can't be done. Modify spell alters an arcane spell. When you follow it up with create spell, the spell becomes a wizard spell, not an arcane spell. At most you can make a single change to a spell.
depending on the level of the original spell it can be more, but yes, for fireball it is one change

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
depending on the level of the original spell it can be more, but yes, for fireball it is one change
You're absolutely right, you would be able to make an upgraded version with more modifications. I missed that it had an "at higher levels" function. Still the aforementioned forceball would need to wait until you're 17th level so not something I'd worry about.

it's okay I actually knew part of it could not be done when I posted it... I knew force wasn't on the list but it was a joke. I was hopeing by being silly it would disarm part of the mean spiritedness I feel on here during playtest... I don't think it worked but I really did mean this as a joke

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
it's okay I actually knew part of it could not be done when I posted it... I knew force wasn't on the list but it was a joke. I was hopeing by being silly it would disarm part of the mean spiritedness I feel on here during playtest... I don't think it worked but I really did mean this as a joke
Turns out it can be done, once you hit 17th level and alter the base spell fireball again. I ended up missing the ability to add more modifications at higher levels, so if you want to spend a 9th level slot (easily done during downtime) you can make that force ball of yours.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads