Peregrinations of the Shard

Velmont

Visitor
Rinaldo walks out of the meeting room. He looks at Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Vanitri, Hogarth and Elektra. "Well, it seems we will have to see each other for some mroe time. I think it will be valeria who will be happy to hear that I have some friends at my side... not sure she will like to hear that I'll go adventuring again. I have a letter to write for her. She will move to Monemvassia. I can't tell it is as secure, but I hope the Prince will take care of my family if they are attacked. Orussus is not safe from what I know."

Just before he leaves the group he adds. "I'll be back in thirty minutes. Try to find Ironwolf, I'm curious to see our new companion."
 
*Rydick Xanthar meets with the Peregrine group separately in a different room.*

"As you suspected, I would like to ask Ms. Planter to be the Medibarian representative on this mission. I have seen your record, young lady, and I would have preferred someone a bit more trustworthy, but I needed to make a selection that would satisfy young Ms. Valsice, and it is certain that she is far too young and inexperienced to be mixed up in something like this. Anyway, I've asked Liore to come tell you what she knows, but we lack almost any useful information about this shard. Since it isn't on a ley line and it apparently moves, it could be anywhere."

*Rayne enters the room.*

"And speak of the devil."

*Rayne rolls her eyes.*

"I love you too, Xanthar. But seriously, thanks for your help back there. I wouldn't have expected it from you."

"Just because I don't like you doesn't mean I will let that influence my judgment, Liore. It's the fact that you do and play favourites that makes me sceptical of your leadership skills. But enough of that. You had some clues?"

"Well, not much. There is a book claiming that there is a passage of ancient text that references the Peregrine Shard moving around a lot in a lost shrine deep within the Silverwood. Of course, if Thiliaerin keeps his word, and if he presumes that this is where a search party will check, this is not going to be the easiest place to reach, but there might be more clues there, or then again, maybe not. I think it's still worthwhile to check."
 

Velmont

Visitor
"That's nice. We have to start by searching on the territory of the only nation who actively opposed to all this expeditions. We can either try to sneak in and if we get cought, we have a nice diplomatic incident, or we can ask officially and most probably, being turned around." tells Rinaldo. "Ok, thinking like that will lead us no where. We need to keep Rivenbligth on our side. I'm not very familiar with the elven nation. I've travel throuhgt it many time, but never really took time to stay and learn much about them. Anyone have some information about them? What will be the difficulty we could meet with them if we want to go into teh Silverwood?"
 
"Well if you're lucky, you won't have to get anywhere near Rivenblight proper. The shrine is supposed to be rather far away from the city, in a remote part of the Silverwood. On the other hand, if Thiliaerin knows where it is and suspects that you will go there, chances are he might have Rivenblight forces in waiting to intercept you."
 

Velmont

Visitor
"And that would probably mean we would be on the good track. Well, let,s see the good side of everything. As long as we don't fall on overzealous guards, there might be a chance to speak with them. And we might be able to pass under there nose too. So, teh Silverwood is not part of there territory?"
 
"It is their territory. That's why they might have guards there. It is just that it isn't properly called 'Rivenblight'. Rivenblight is the city that united the once-fractious elven nations by giving them a governing body and helping them speak with a single voice. The Silverwood is the domain of the elves, at least insofar as they can avoid Hendrallian incursions."
 

Patlin

Visitor
Ironwolf has gotten all of his gear together and is ready to go.

ooc: Patlin, on the otherhand, still needs to read a lot of the last thread! Is subscribing to a thread working again? I guess I'll give it a try.
 
"Here--I've marked the shrine's supposed location on a rough map, those this rough location is the best we have, as the exact position is unsure. I have to head over to help the other groups in a moment. Anything else you need me to answer?"
 

Knight Otu

Visitor
"If, for some reason, we have to contact you or the other groups, is a sending secure? It should relatively soon be within our power to cast that spell."
 

Erekose13

Visitor
"If we move quickly we should be able to get into the Silverwood before Rivenblight can make any moves to stop us." replies Tenebrynn. He is ready to go.
 
"A Sending should be secure in general, but I wouldn't try to contact the group going after the Terran shard. There are extreme energy fluctuations and radiations where they are heading, and so the Sending might do something worse than just fizzle, like bouncing to someone other than the intended target."
 

Knight Otu

Visitor
Ashnar nods. "We'll keep that in mind."
Erekose13 said:
"If we move quickly we should be able to get into the Silverwood before Rivenblight can make any moves to stop us." replies Tenebrynn. He is ready to go.
"News tend to travel at their own speed, though we may be lucky. Perhaps we could approach from a different direction making our point of departure less obvious. Of course, we are a distinctive group nonetheless."
 

Erekose13

Visitor
"As with sending, teleportation magics are almost within our reach so I am confident that departure will be easier than getting in." Tenebrynn replies.
 
"I am sure you can come up with a clever strategy. You have a great deal of magic at your disposal, after all. I need to get started with the other groups now. Good luck!"
 

Knight Otu

Visitor
Erekose13 said:
"As with sending, teleportation magics are almost within our reach so I am confident that departure will be easier than getting in." Tenebrynn replies.
(With point of departure, Ashnar meant this council, actually.)
 

Velmont

Visitor
"I can use the sending... spell" notify Hogarth.

"Perfect. Do we need something else or we go now? As you told, I think time is against us. We could use summoned mount again to travel faster if we can teleport."
 

Advertisement

Top