Peregrinations of the Shard

Velmont

Visitor
[SBLOCK=Hogarth's Spells]0: Create Water, Detect Magic(x2), Guidance(x2), Read Magic
1: Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Doom, Shield of Faith, Animate Rope(D),
2: Hold Person, Silence, Spiritual Hammer[Subdual], Sound Burst[Subdual], Bull's Strength(D)
3: Create Food and Water, Dispel Magic, Prayer, Wind Wall, Magic Vestment(D)
4: Divine Power, Greater Magic Weapon, Sending, Spell Immunity(D) [/SBLOCK]
 
Last edited:

Erekose13

Visitor
[sblock=Spells memorized]
0th - Detect Magic*, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Daze
1st - Protection from Evil, Magic Missle x4, True Strike*, Comprehend Languages
2nd - See Invisibility*, Invisibility, Rope Trick, Scorching Ray x2
3rd - Dispel Magic, Clairvoyance*, Phantom Steed x2, Fireball
4th - Scrying*, Dimension Door, Confusion, Mnemonic Enhancer[/sblock]

ooc: Good to go. Did I have to memorize 3 steeds? if so, I'll replace one with Fireball. Don't mind if I do need to.
 

Patlin

Visitor
Ironwolf is a bit impatient during the ritual summoning of the phantom steeds, wondering if it is really worth 1/2 hour of waiting in order to have a special mount. Once the group gets moving though, he's very pleased with the result.

Wow, these things are fast!
 
(OOC: Then as per Velmont, we'll just NPC Vanitri for now. I will assume that those spell preps are all the precautions taken)

*The group continues onward toward the shrine without any particular care for stealth. As they near in approach, a force of elven soldiers materialises from the trees around them. The elf who looks like the captain speaks:*

"Halt intruders. The Silverwood is the sovereign territory of the elves, and you are trespassing illegally upon sacred ground that is restricted to outsiders. Please leave the area peacefully. We will consider an attack upon our persons or refusal to heed our people's wishes to be a declaration of war."
 

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I'm completely and utterly lost as to what's going on, but apparently Vanitri is in this group?
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri will ofter to scout ahead regularly, as his eyes are sharp, and he can use his knowledge of geography as well as his skill at hiding to his advantage.

OOC: He's got good spot, listen, KN: Geography, Hide, and Move Silently, as well as a bonus in most environments we'd encounter.
 

Velmont

Visitor
Rinaldo jump down his horse and take one step foward, but only one, not to come too close. he clearly show that he has no weapon in hands. He bows in respect to the elven captain.

"Captain, we are sorry about that, we didn't meant to offence your nation, but you leave me confused. How can a few traveler entering you border can be considered an act of war. I would have understood you could have considered us as outlaw, but an act of war doesn't implicate only or little travelling group but nations. Do your nation have trouble lately with one of you neighboor that you fear we could be some spy? I thought this whole region was in peace, I even heard that they met each other somewhere in Medibaria. If there is some danger, I would like me and my friends to be in security."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo try to improved there attitude and also try to find out what orders they have received.[/SBLOCK]
 
"Nice try, Rinaldo diSenzio, but as a delegate for Orussus and a Knight of Monemvassia, we can only consider your actions to be premeditated by both nations and thus a declaration of war. We know of the power of your silver tongue as a weapon, so don't even try it."

(OOC: They seem like they will attack before Rinaldo can have the full minute to get a regular Diplomacy check)
 

Bront

The man with the probe
"Gentileman, please!" Vanitri calls as he dismounts and steps forward, arms outstretched to show he is unarmed.

"I'm sorry if you feel we impose, we simply seek a quick path to our destination, far beyond your boarders. We seek nothing from you but to pass though, nor have any hostile intent," Vanitri says.
 

Erekose13

Visitor
"When did the Silverwood close its boarders and jump to such hostilities?" asks Tenebrynn. With the elves already aware of their names and presumably their intentions he has no doubt that the representative from Rivenblight has sent information ahead of them. The fact that they were so easily found is astounding, perhaps more that strictly information was released. An indirect route will be necessary as this one will only lead to confrontation that must be avoided. Tenebrynn remains quite for the most part though, letting his friend's silver tongue try to win them passage.
 
Bront said:
"Gentileman, please!" Vanitri calls as he dismounts and steps forward, arms outstretched to show he is unarmed.

"I'm sorry if you feel we impose, we simply seek a quick path to our destination, far beyond your boarders. We seek nothing from you but to pass though, nor have any hostile intent," Vanitri says.
"The Silverwood is our domain. This is a holy site of the elves. Leave now. No beating around the bush; I don't want to hear more of your lies. And if you try to sneak past, particularly after you just lied about where you were heading, know that you will cause a major diplomatic incident. And we will know. So please leave peacefully. All that the people of Rivenblight want is peace after what seems an eternity of conflict. Do not make this any harder than it is."

*If someone tries to talk again instead of leaving, the captain glares and draws his sword, followed by the other elves drawing weapons.*
 

Velmont

Visitor
Rinaldo turns around and climb back on his mount. As he do that. "Sadly, war will surely come to Rivenblight, in a form you cannot phantom and we just want to stop it. We are leaving, but I hope we are not making a mistake by following the wish of your leaders."

Rinaldo turns his horse. "Come on, we have nothing to do here anymore." And Rinaldo leads the group away. After ten minutes of ride on his phantom steed, he stops.

"Why such stubborness? Why they don't want to cooperate. We need to find that shard, but starting a war between Rivenblight and the other nation is something we can't have actually. And we are not masters of dissimulation, but elves are reknown for there awarness, skill of scouting and there magic."
 

Patlin

Visitor
Ironwolf turns away, prefering not to fight the elves.

"What's the best route that excludes the Silverwood?" He asks of Rinaldo and the others.

If the group attempts to use the speed of the phantom steeds to simply rush passed the elves, Ironwolf is ready to follow, but he will not suggest this. After all, perhaps this section of the Silverwood is a holy sight. He wouldn't want to despoil a holy sight... but next time, he won't be as willing to stop for a chat, either. Let them call out their demands as he speeds along at the phantom steeds top speed.
 

Velmont

Visitor
"None. The shard is inside the Silverwood. If we had them on our side, it would have been easier to find the shrine, but they have received strict order. They even knew who would come and what are our skills, and that really bother me most. And going to meet there leader is impossible, we won't be able to approach him without getting an arrow in the chest. And I can't use my influence to get a diplomatic immunity for that mission, Sage Aliaster Thiliaerin is too stubborn." Tells Rinaldo

"I can speak with him from here?" replies Hogarth

"What?"

"I have... ready a Sending spell."

"Might be an idea. It will force him to listen to you. But I doubt it will go much good. A sending is pretty limited, and the captain seems too zealous."
 

Patlin

Visitor
"If the sending doesn't work, I guess we'll wind up playing catch-me-if-you-can with some elves. Not to my taste, but our mission is too important to be disuaded from. Do you think the elves were dominated in some way?"

ooc: I believe Ironwolf's Sense motive check is +4 untrained.
 

Erekose13

Visitor
"We could head back to the academy and see if anyone would be able to provide us with Teleportation scrolls and accurate directions." offers Tenebrynn once they stop again.
 

Velmont

Visitor
"Accurate direction. If they would have been able to do so, they would have given us... and if someone can do this, it is you, Tenebrynn. You are the best diviner I know, and the only one we have actually.

If we need to contact the Order, we can use Hogarth's sending spell."
 

Advertisement

Top