• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

peteyfrogboy's Miniature Gallery

peteyfrogboy

Explorer
cadian_blue_front-sm.jpg
cadian_blue_rear-sm.jpg

It's been a while since I've done any major painting, but I've finally got things set up so I can get back to it. I picked up these plastic GW minis to give me a base population for my upcoming Traveller campaign. More info here.

nyrfherdr

First Post
Pretty cool.
Your Vargr is very well done. Nice sculpting.
How long have you been sculpting?

Your painting is well done too. It's sometimes hard to get a feel for your colors/shading/highlighting with the backgrounds in your photos. The closeup of the VARGR is good, but the others could be better.

You should consider a white background for your photos.

Anyway. It's great to see your work. I'm hoping to get mine posted soon too.

Keep it up!
Game ON!
Nyrf

peteyfrogboy

Explorer
nyrfherdr said:
Pretty cool.
Your Vargr is very well done. Nice sculpting.
Thanks!
How long have you been sculpting?
According to the blog, since January of this year.
Your painting is well done too. It's sometimes hard to get a feel for your colors/shading/highlighting with the backgrounds in your photos. The closeup of the VARGR is good, but the others could be better.

You should consider a white background for your photos.
I used to use a white background, but after some impromptu photo shoots on the computer desk I kinda liked the sci-fi look of the boxes I was using as a stage. You're probably right, though. Expect to see the return of white backgrounds soon. The main things that improved my photography recently were a) learning the proper distance to get good focus form my macro zoom and b) using the timer on the camera (and a tripod) so I didn't blur the picture while pressing the button.

There are quite a few new pics up, and more on the way:

http://www.houseofpung.net/mini

nyrfherdr

First Post
Keep up the good work and post when you have more to show off.

What are you using for inspiration/models for your scuplts?
Photos, artwork, character descriptions?

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Game ON!
Nyrf

nyrfherdr

First Post
Keep up the good work and post when you have more to show off.

What are you using for inspiration/models for your scuplts?
Photos, artwork, character descriptions?

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Game ON!
Nyrf

Remove ads