[PF] Way of the Wicked - Golarian OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Rather than post in the IC thread, I figured I'd resurrect this one. :)

Hit a bit of a bump. Happens in PBPs, especially when there's no one clear course of action.

Right now it seems like we're going with the 'lure remaining guards into a trap, then burn down the prison' idea. Is that right?

If so, what do you guys think is the best way to implement it? I think it's a good idea, but I'm fuzzing out on the -specifics-.

It'll probably be a lot easier to work out OOC, then make the necessary rolls and narrate the results IC, and then we'll be back in the thick of things.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
First, I think we should kill whoever is in the kitchen.

Then, see if someone can realistically determine how to lure guards in with the fire. I am not seeing how, myself.

Probably easier to just lure the guards in. Someone dressed as a guard can wave at them and just motion for a pair to come inside the main building, probably.

Then once we get tired of luring guards, we just light the fire and exit the building.

Shayuri

First Post
Someone's in the kitchen?

lol...okay, missed that. Sorry. Guess I need to read back a page. :)

I am fine with whatever method of luring everyone thinks will work best. It'd be nice to try to get a bunch of them, but that might be too big a risk...

How about this then? We find a way out other than this front gate, and rig the oil fire to start with some easy action, like chopping a rope or something. Ideally we set it so that it goes off between the main entrance and the exit we want to take.

We start luring guards in. Should they catch on and come in force, we wait until they're in the danger zone, trip the fire, and run for it.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Here's the map:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/321184-pf-way-wicked-golarian-ooc.html#post5876256

Not sure what exactly you are thinking with regards to the fire, Shayuri.

It was suggested in the IC thread of starting a fire in the dining area with the wooden furniture to help fuel it. Maybe it would be enough to destroy the inner prison building.

I was also considering to dismiss my eidolon temporarily. Then use Firvin's summons to attack/lure guards on the prison walls. Not necessarily very sporting, but it might be low risk and effective.

kinem

Adventurer
Isn't the whole building made of stone? If so, I don't see the fire doing any damage to the building. I also don't see these low rent guards running towards the fire instead of away.

Sam doesn't particularly care if we kill the guards or not. Sadistic they may be, but then they are probably the same ones that he would hire when he is in charge of the kingdom :) He just wants to escape ASAP.

If we want to lure guards though, maybe the signal horn would do that.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I don't thing the building is entirely of stone. There must be wood used in the construction. Probably the floors/ceilings are wood.

The stone could turn the conflagration into a oven and rise the temperature hot enough to crack and wreck the mortar holding the blocks of stone together.

Anyone take Knowledge Engineering? Such a character might know the feasibility of such an idea even if the player does not.

Luring with Herik in disguise vs. signal horn, probably vote Herik in disguise again. It worked once already.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
It occurs to me that we could have had this conversation between our characters IC.

Sorry, I am going to drop out of this one. Thanks [MENTION=6680745]ahayford[/MENTION].

Shayuri

First Post
Well, I'd hoped that:

A) It would be a conversation between more than just you and I and kinem.

B) It would be faster than doing it IC (due in part to A).

Sorry to see you go. :(

Anyone else out there?

*sends up a flare*

Remove ads