Pathfinder 2E PF2e Bestiary: Let's Read and Review!

dave2008

Legend
Alghollthu, Faceless Stalker (Ugothol)
Art: 2, the art is good, but the most interesting feature, its bloodsucking tongue, is not shown.
Stats/Mechanics: 3, a nice variety of options and I really wanted to give it a 4, but the fact that its most interesting attack relies on a condition it doesn't have a special ability to impose (restrained or unconscious) is a no-no for me.
Lore: 4, three sizable paragraphs of interesting info. Really a lot for a level 4 creature.
Final Score: 3/4

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A huge wall of text wouldn't be an improvement from an "reply perspective" so...

(One topic per post is really required if I'm gonna reply properly since deleting huge chunks of text is such a pain on mobile. I am not saying this would be practical in this case. You did not even mention it as an alternative at all however, so here we are )

@CapnZapp, you’re being a jerk again. Move on and find another thread to post in, please. I’ve warned you many times about telling other people how they should post.

dave2008

Legend
Alghollthu, Alghollthu Master (Aboleth)
Art: 3, the art is technically good, but I just don't like the design.
Stats/Mechanics: 1, I might be a bit harsh on this one, but I can't help but compare it to the 5e aboleth which is much more interesting. It is over reliant on its spells IMO
Lore: 1, one large paragraph with decent information, but a bit light for this significant of a creature.
Final Score: 1/4

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
@CapnZapp, you’re being a jerk again. Move on and find another thread to post in, please. I’ve warned you many times about telling other people how they should post.
Russ, I don't know the background of your comment, but I took it as constructive criticism. I'm even in the process to changing how I post based on @CapnZapp's comment. Now, I would have never done that with the old site, but the site is so much better for that purpose that I can do it! Thank you for all the hard work in making the new site happen - it has really paid off IMO.(y)

dave2008

Legend
Alghollthu, Vield Master (Vidileth)
Art: 3, the art is good and fits the monster. I could use a bit more detail, but it works for this aberration.
Stats/Mechanics: 4, lots of interesting things to do with this beastie.
Lore: 3, two large paragraph with decent information, but I would like a bit more for this significant level of monster.
Final Score: 3/4

Remove ads