• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[pfrpg] follow me into shadows

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"Lets GO!" Julius says as he grabs the gem and sprints out of the temple as fast as he can, hopping from pedestal to pedestal then bringing up the rear as he exits.

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=Ragnor, Julius] in theory it should be one jump check *when* you can make a jump check. I don't know if it's one jump per move action(?) as I don't have my book handy. If it is, it means Julius has to make a second jump next round *before* Ragnor can make his first jump.

HOWEVER I think I'll let each of you make 3 checks each round, to hurry things along. Whoever goes second will need only one less check, as the perosn in front of them is still on that final spot.

ALSO: who has the Gem?

I'll say you two were starting your jump just as this encounter/portion of the encounter starts; we'll go with initiative orders after this.[/sblock]

EVERYONE: looking at the pedestal area, you see the area shake. Suddenly black shadows start to emerge through the webs and cluster all over the area where Ragnor and Julius were but a moment earlier. It's like a swarm of insects of some sort, but they seem to "glow" shadows. The swarm is crawling across the ground in a great chaotic mass of chitinous shells and trillions of legs all moving in tandem.

You can see that they swarm all over the pedastle, where the Gem was laid a moment eariler. Not finding it, the sounds they make seem to sound desperate with hunger, and then shift to anger. The swarm's mass seems to swell as it wants to take back the gem!

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I've got the gem, so I have to make three checks this round?[/sblock]

Julius jumps along the pedastals, moving quickly and holding the gem close to his body as he jumps across the pedastals.

ghostcat

First Post
Angus looks at the swarm of insects crawling out of the webs and an involuntary shiver runs through his body as he starts to panic. He is not afraid by any man, beast or monster that he can hit with his sword but there is something about the insect swarm that scares him stiff. He hurriedly rummages through has backpack, extracting a couple of bottles of oil and cutting a corner off his blanket. Soaking the clothing oil he sticks it in the flash and gets his flint and steel. All the while shouting "Come on, hurry up" to the others.

[sblock=OOC]I don't know if this work but Angus is trying to make a Molotov cocktail.[/sblock]

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] Hm... Okay, I have two tasks for you: first, roll a Craft check DC15 to see if you succeed.

Second: get some lamp oil, a blanket and a sharp knife or sword. Put the blanket in a knapsack, and the oil. Put on hockey equipment, then the backpack. Okay, while you're doing that, I want you to squat down, take off the backpack, pull out a blanket, cut it with a sharp knife, make a molotov cocktail (don't light it). Then tell me how long that takes you.

If you can do the crafting in 30 seconds, I'll allow a full round action for it, then you can throw next round. If it takes more than that, I'll say two rounds to craft it, and throw it on the third round. If it takes you less, I'll give you 1000xp and let you do this as a free action.

Or you could throw the lamp oil somewhere, then light it with a second action. I think for a cocktail you'd need a glass bottle anyway.

ps: don't really make bombs or molotov cocktails at home, as they are dangerous. Just saying.
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Hm... Okay, I have two tasks for you: first, roll a Craft check DC15 to see if you succeed.

Second: get some lamp oil, a blanket and a sharp knife or sword. Put the blanket in a knapsack, and the oil. Put on hockey equipment, then the backpack. Okay, while you're doing that, I want you to squat down, take off the backpack, pull out a blanket, cut it with a sharp knife, make a molotov cocktail (don't light it). Then tell me how long that takes you.

If you can do the crafting in 30 seconds, I'll allow a full round action for it, then you can throw next round. If it takes more than that, I'll say two rounds to craft it, and throw it on the third round. If it takes you less, I'll give you 1000xp and let you do this as a free action.

Or you could throw the lamp oil somewhere, then light it with a second action. I think for a cocktail you'd need a glass bottle anyway.

ps: don't really make bombs or molotov cocktails at home, as they are dangerous. Just saying.
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Angus is not particularly serious about this, its just that the insect swarm has scared him badly and he is panicking. Don't worry he is not going to stick around. As soon as the others are out of the room, he will be hot on their heels.

In fact, I'll go back and re-edit my last entry.[/sblock]

Remove ads