[pfrpg] follow me into shadows

ghostcat

First Post
Angus is shocked by the transition between fighting an indescribable horror for his very soul and floating in a tranquil sky. It takes him several minutes before he can adjust and realise that he is actually safe.

Over the next few weeks he throws himself into the Djinn's celebrations and the horror of the crawling chaos starts to fade, although he still wakes up at night screaming. Eventual, like all good things, the party comes to an end and Angus realises that it is time to choose his treasure and go.

Initially, Angus is tempted to take a monetary reward and restore his family's fortune. Then it occurs to him that all this would achieve is to allow his family and their hangers-on to resume their decadent habits and they would go through the money in no time. Instead he decided to continue his career as an adventurer and starts to look for items that will make him a more effective fighter.

Looking round the treasure hall he quickly finds some mitheral plate armor. The amulets are all organised and checking through them he finds one that does exactly what he needs. Checking through the belts, which are also well organised, he comes across a Belt of Giant Strength. The only thing that he has trouble with is the swords. There are long swords, short swords, broad swords, even swords that are used two-handed. The only thing he can't find is a magic bastard sword and he has no desire to give up years of training and start learning the subtleties of a differnet type of sword. Finally he comes across an alcove right at the back of the hall which is packed with items all thrown in a big heap. There sticking out the top is an obviously magic bastard sword.

Festooned with his new possessions, Angus joins the others to discuss were to go and how to us the wish. having listed to the various comments about reviving their fallen comrades, Angus says "While its an admiral idea to revive our comrades, I'm worried that we have released the Crawling Chaos onto an unprepared world. Can't we use the wish to contain it again?"

When the discussion gets round to were to go, Angus indicates his willingness to stay with the group and has no preference as to where to go.

Code:
[b]Shopping List[/b]

Mitheral Full Plate of Speed			26,500
+1 Magic Bastard Sword 	- Flaming		 8,335
Amulet of natural armor	+2			 8,000
Belt of Giant Strength +4			16,000
						======

fireinthedust

Explorer
The Djinn confer. So it is imprisonment of the Crawling Chaos you wish for? Indeed, we can do this easily enough, as if we had cast a very powerful spell of a similar nature. Yet be forewarned that the very nature of the Crawling Chaos is to devour magic, as well as other forms of energy, and it could break out of its prison given time. As well, like the Empire that contained it before, its curse may affect our clan in a similar way because our magic would contain it.

To truly imprison it would require a quest of epic proportions. We could contain the Crawling Chaos, so long as you agreed to go immediately and seek out a means of final imprisonment for the beast, before it can devour all of Golarion. Before, we must add, its curse devours our clan.

If you fail, then our people are surely doomed. Would you have us take this risk?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Keepiru turns to speak with Sindri and Jack, who he has worked well with during the adventure. They speak about the possibilities of travel and what the world has to show. It doesn't take long to convince him to join them in Qadira. He tells his hosts that he wishes to travel with them there.

As for the wish, he would also like the menace contained now that bringing back his comrades is not possible.

ghostcat

First Post
Angus is troubled by the Djinn's words and replies "Your words truly worry me. I can't, in all honesty, ask you to risk your tribe's very soul to stop the Crawling menace. At the same time I don't want it to devour all of Golarion. It you don't use your magic to contain it, how long do we have before it starts killing significant numbers of people.

Also, do you know what we need to do to contain it permanently?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Back from holiday, will update and choose treasure tomorrow. As for wish, it would depend on the answers to the questions asked. As for the adventure, I enjoyed the concept. The problems I had, were between my character design and the die roller. Although, it is bad that a swarm is basically save or die. Yes, I can very well see Ragnor developing a phobia.

Here is the roll for high or low.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ragnor Drakechild

[sblock=Shopping List]
Cloak of Resistance +3 9000
Belt of Physical Might +4 strength and dexterity 20000
Rod of Lesser Extension 3000
Rod of Lesser Maximize 3000
Ring of Protection +3 18000
Wand of Scorching Ray 4500
Wand of Shield 750
Total 59000

As with other donate balance to good cause.
[/sblock]

Remove ads