PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"Now that we are out, I should like to arrange a meeting with monsieur Darque to see what aid he can bestow upon us before we head back inside this house."

Wik

First Post
"I say we just burn it to the ground." Elthic spits. "talking to Darque is a good idea, though. I don't like the idea of invading a place that seems like it's just trying to defend itself, so some greedy little cuss can stake his claim on something that isn't by rights his."

Phoenix8008

First Post
You travel a short distance through the city of Orrussus and finally come to rich looking manor house even more grandiose than the one you have been having difficulty in clearing. Walking up to the front door and gathering looks of displeasure from the neighbors of nearby houses who seem to think that adventuring types such as yourselves carry some strange disease, the you knock upon the door with a fancy silver knocker. A minute later, the servant Thaddeus answers the door and is mildly surprised to see the four of you standing there. Recovering quickly, he invites you in and bids you to wait in the sitting room just beyond the front door while he fetches his master.

You each take a seat on the highly comfortable and luxurious chairs and sofas while another servant quickly arrives with a tray of drinks for you all. The room itself is sumptuously furnished in all ways. The smell of incense hangs lightly in the air, and the fountain in the corner bubbles a constant pleasing backround noise. Before long, Lucias himself enters the room, a smile on his face and his hands nearly clapping together in excitement. "Most excellent to see you again." He speaks quickly, not giving you a chance to get a word in edgewise. "I knew I could trust you lot to get the job done, and fast as well! So, may I have the key then in order to complete your assignment and receive your pay?" he holds out one hand and looks from one face to another for some sign as to which one of you has the key to give him...

Wik

First Post
Elthic grunts. "You notice that we're a little beaten up, Darque? You don't seem all that surprised. Have any other secrets about the house you forgot to tell us?"

OOC: Along the way, Elthic plans on stopping at Tarag's forge and picking up a simple spear.

WarlockLord

First Post
"I'd like to say we have the key. Sadly, we do not. We were...impeded by the house itself, which has apparently developed consciousness and intellect. A most unusual dwelling place. We have come to seek your advice on the matter."

[sblock=OOC]
I'll be out of town till Monday, so...
[/sblock]

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
When she’s able to get Darque’s attention, Eleria speaks up.

“This house is far more deadly than we were initially led to believe; and there is no healer among us. Rest assured, we have no intention of abandoning this project now, but if we are to continue investigating the house in order to find the key, we will require additional assistance. Specifically, some kind of ability to heal the wounds that we have suffered in the process.”

She pauses momentarily, summoning every ounce of diplomacy she can muster. “Are you in a position to provide each of us with an additional two healing potions, so that we may continue on this search for the key?”

[sblock=Phoenix]Diplomacy rolls that you asked for previously:

Diplomacy 25
Diplomacy 14
Diplomacy 25[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic said:
Elthic grunts. "You notice that we're a little beaten up, Darque? You don't seem all that surprised. Have any other secrets about the house you forgot to tell us?"
"Should I be surprised? I gave you fair warning that there may be traps or guardians within. I have no secrets, I have told you everything I know about that place." Lucias says with an annoyed tone.

Abdul said:
"I'd like to say we have the key. Sadly, we do not. We were...impeded by the house itself, which has apparently developed consciousness and intellect. A most unusual dwelling place. We have come to seek your advice on the matter."
"What advice is there for me to give you? If I had knowledge or means of overcoming it, I would not have needed to hire you four. I told you of the voice I heard. Whether it is the house itself, some magical creation, or even the ghost of my departed cousin I cannot say."

Eleria said:
When she’s able to get Darque’s attention, Eleria speaks up.

“This house is far more deadly than we were initially led to believe; and there is no healer among us. Rest assured, we have no intention of abandoning this project now, but if we are to continue investigating the house in order to find the key, we will require additional assistance. Specifically, some kind of ability to heal the wounds that we have suffered in the process.”

She pauses momentarily, summoning every ounce of diplomacy she can muster. “Are you in a position to provide each of us with an additional two healing potions, so that we may continue on this search for the key?”
"You were not led to believe anything but that there could be traps or guardians within. That they have managed to damage you so severly," Lucias looks around at the greatly bloodstained clothes of most of the party. "...I am very apologetic for. But that is the life you have chosen it seems. Time is of the essence though, and since there are only a few days left in which I can claim the house I shall indeed grant you further assistance. Understand though, that the funds for these extra potions are coming out of the proposed final salary you will receive upon completion of delivery of the key and confirmation that it works. Would that be satisfactory?"

[sblock=OOC]Wik, no problem on picking up a new spear while in town.
All: you each are provided with 2 more poitions of Cure Light Wounds. This reduces the final pay for the job from 500 GP each to 400 GP each.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads