PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

WarlockLord

First Post
"If we leave now, how do we know we can return to this portal without facing even more guardians? I'm not foolish enough to remain in Mr. House alone, but..."

WarlockLord

First Post
"Our employer did mention guardians...and what would induce mindless skeletons to stay here? They must have been animated in the house, or 'free-willed' mindless undead would have been destroyed by the town guard as they moved into the house. Now, a worrisome thought struck me: are these skeletons merely alone left to guard the house...or has some necromancer taken up residence?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Haven't heard from Wik in a few, so I'm using DM's perogative here...

Elthic shoulders his way through the others, having heard enough debate. "Let's just find out real quick, wha'dya say?" he says as he grabs the lever on the wall and pulls it firmly downward until a loud *clank* is heard from the western wall. The wall itself seems to shift and swing inward towards you exposing a dark room beyond. On the other side of the swinging wall are shelves loaded with dry goods and non-perishable foodstuffs. By the light of Abdul's stone, you see several rows of shelves filled with such mundane materials as well as a door on the northern wall.

The Voice speaks to each of you yet again..."You see? As I told you, an exit for you to use. The truth. So perhaps you will now be able to accept more truth. I do not believe you shall be able to enter that portal currently. It was heavily warded to prevent such travel in either direction. And even that protection was insufficient to keep it from creating it's own guardians slowly over time, those skeletons which you destroyed. I have little doubt that given time, it shall make further guardians. But so far they have been weak and mindless undead that appear. Easily destroyed so that their numbers are kept in check. So please do make sure to shut that secret door securly when you come through it so that those things cannot find a way up out of the cellar."

Attachments

• DD-Basement2.JPG
    DD-Basement2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 67

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Offhand, I don't remember where the undead come from when a Summon Undead spell is cast.

So, is anyone planning on actually trying to walk through the portal? If so, let me know and I'll let you know what happens. If not, then the room beyond awaits.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases