PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Verminar wings his way back down the stairs, with a bag thumping down each step as the pseudodragon drags it half supported from upstairs. With a mighty heave of his wings, Verminar pulls the bag into the air and all the way over to drop it onto the small table in front of the couch. "Here we are. Some items I managed to scrounge from upstairs that should do for initial payment as well as aiding you in this endeavor. Also... hmmm, that's interesting." Verminar's head turns toward the front door of the house visible at the bottom of the stairway. "Ahhh, my message worked after all. I'll have to buy Joe a nice bottle of Dragon whiskey in repayment."

Turning back to the three assembled adventurers, the pseudodragon speaks again. "Well, you'll be happy to know that we may well have another person to help out in the mission. The message I left with the bartender at the Red Dragon Inn seems to have found another adventuresome soul in need of employment." Flying over to the front door, the pseudodragon opens it deftly with one claw. Standing there as if ready to knock is a bald male human. Verminar smiles a toothy grin and somehow pulls off a flying bow while indicating that the man should enter. "Greetings and well come you are, Kona'i"

lukfugl

First Post
After leaving the Red Dragon, Kona'i made a quick pit stop at the temple, then searched for the house indicated on the note. Finally finding the right house, he approached the door but it opened right as he was about to knock.

"Greetings and well come you are, Kona'i"

"Greetings. I'm surprised to find you know my name already. Heard from Joe?" He passed through the door and took a seat, nodding at the others. "Kona'i of the Farun Order. I hear you need some help."

[sblock](ooc) I bought two potions of Cure Light Wounds, caster level 1, on the way over.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indeed, I am in need of help. As for knowing your name, that would be due to my telepathy. My name is Verminar, and I would be your employer if you accept the job I have to offer. In simplest terms, it involves delivering a magic staff through a portal in the basement of this house to the owner of this house, Alahastor Darque. He is a wizard of some power, but has been missing for some time and declared dead. These three defeated a skeleton which emerged from the portal and found this note tied to it's bones." The pseudodragon points to a small sheet of paper laying upon the table beside a sack.

"As you can see, my master is in need of help and you four are the only ones who are available to do the job. Let me introduce the others to you, Kona'i. This is Xir, Dair, and Periwinkle." the dragon says as he points to the three others in turn. Xir is a tall, lithe human like creature with severe features, somewhat luminescent green eyes, and a long, black ponytail. His equipment is functional and well kept, though he does not appear to possess any visible weaponry. Dair is a small dark halfling with a massive pair of side burns and oiled hair. Periwinkle is a relentlessly energetic young woman, with a big, contagious smile and dancing blue eyes. Her sun-bleached hair is tucked into a ponytail and held in place with a pink and green striped ribbon, but she is always playing with fugitive strands, chewing on them or twirling them in her fingers or braiding them into circles. She wears a simple robe of light blue, belted at the waist.

"What lies beyond the portal is a mystery, though in olden times it was the source of a horde of undead which menaced the city in it's youth. What I have here in the sack would be an initial payment to each of you for undertaking this quest, as well as items to help you survive and prosper in the unknown place beyond the portal. Two potions of healing for each of you, an everburning torch to light your way in the dark, and a wand of healing which Ms. Periwinkle should be able to use I believe. It's not fully charged, but it should serve you well for some time." With all the items pulled out of the sack, Verminar pauses for a moment.

"I have little cash I can spare at the moment, for I've been spending it to clean and refurbish the house since Xir and his other friends helped rid it of infestation before. But I can promise a handsome reward to all of you if you are able to deliver the staff to my master and help him return here to his home alive. What say you?" the pseudodragon asks before lapsing into an unsure silence.

covaithe

Explorer
"Hello, Kona'i. I'm Periwinkle. I hope you don't mind my saying this, but you really need to get a new tailor. If you wore something in a nice dark green with maybe some brown trimming, it would really set off your unique coloring. And some sequins in the neckline, I think. Because everybody loves sequins, don't they? Oh! I'm sorry, I'm giving advice when it hasn't been asked for again, aren't I? Sister Anemone is always telling me to stop that, that it's not polite, but I just can't seem to help it. I don't mean to be rude, really, it's just... well, your clothes are... um... My! What a nice wand this is that Vermy..... Uh, that is, that Master Verminar has given us! I'm sure with this that we'll have no trouble at all with the mean nasty old undead hordes by the millions beyond that portal. I'm in!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC:Items]Just to clarify, because I meant to before but didn't, the items are 2 potions of Cure Light Wounds for each PC, an Everburning Torch, and a Wand of Cure Light Wounds with 20 charges left in it.[/sblock]

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i gives the excitable young woman a half smile. "I like my clothes well enough, but thank you for the... tips." He then nods in turn to the Dair and Xir. "Well met." Turning back to the pseudodragon he continues, "I accept your offer and will do what I may to assist. When will we be leaving?" As he asks this, he slips his two of the provided potions into his backpack.

[sblock=OOC]I assume the potions are CL1?[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Dair grunts noncomitally in response to Kona'i's greeting standing up and taking two of the potions. Briefly he looks like he is considering trying to lay claim to the Everburning Torch as well, but he glances to a pocket and appears to change his mind.

"Ready now?" He asks giving the monk an appraising look, and manageing to convey his dubiousness with a haunty expression.

OOC: Welcome aboard lukfugl, please don't take offense at Dair's actions I'm trying to play his 8 charisma - he's a horribvle little bugger.

lukfugl

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Welcome aboard lukfugl, please don't take offense at Dair's actions I'm trying to play his 8 charisma - he's a horribvle little bugger.

None taken, I understand completely. You'll notice Kona'i's Charisma isn't any higher, though I tend to play his as marred physical appearance plus broodiness.[/sblock]

Kona'i stares at the halfling for a moment, sizing him up, then says nothing more. He continues to wait expectantly for the adventure to begin.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]

None taken, I understand completely. You'll notice Kona'i's Charisma isn't any higher, though I tend to play his as marred physical appearance plus broodiness.[/sblock]
OOC: Geez, does anyone not have a Cha dump stat? Even our cleric seems off. ;)

Remove ads