PHB errors and reprint schedule

Family

First Post
I was wondering if anyone knows the editing quality of the core books? Are they on standard with previous versions or have some EXTRODINARY measures have been taken?

I know the books have gone gold and I'd like to know if any WotC staffers can say if significant errors (like the phrasing of rules) have slipped through.

If they have the standard amount of first run errors I'm wondering if we should expect the second run to be at the usual interval and what the plans for getting the correct content into customer hands is.

-Thanks.

Last edited:

Digital M@

Explorer
The printing with all the errata and no human error will be half past the monkey's a$$. There will always be errors in works of this size. Heck, this post probably has its own share of errors.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Family said:
I was wondering if anyone knows the editing quality of the core books? Are they on standard with previous versions or have some EXTRODINARY measures have been taken?

I know the books have gone gold and I'd like to know if any WotC staffers can say if significant errors (like the phrasing of rules) have slipped through.

If they have the standard amount of first run errors I'm wondering if we should expect the second run to be at the usual interval and what the plans for getting the correct content into customer hands is.

-Thanks.

The books are perfect so you should just go ahead and buy them now :D

Family

First Post
I'm with the guy above me, if you can give me an honest 8/10 I'll buy them without borrowing my buddies and waiting.

You know that one way or the other you're going to be getting some serious cashflow from me.

A little disclosure on the frontend would be nice. (But I'm cool if there is corporate policy saying that the official line is shiney shiney).

Geoffrey

First Post
The amount of errata in RPG books is ridiculous. At the dawn of RPGs in 1975, the 100ish-page Empire of the Petal Throne rulebook was released free of errors, as far as I can tell. Now, in an age of inexpensive computers, rulebooks are riddled with errors.

Game companies should throw away all their computers and do whatever TSR did in 1975. It worked a lot better.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Digital M@ said:
The printing with all the errata and no human error will be half past the monkey's a$$. There will always be errors in works of this size. Heck, this post probably has its own share of errors.
Should be: "When there is a printing of these works that is free of errors both mechanical and human in origin, the time will be half past the ass belonging to the monkey. Evidence for this conclusion can be found in the past history of works of similar length; these past works demonstrate that all such works have mechanical errors and human errors. Appropriately, this post itself will, with a significantly high probability, have a number of such errors."

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
WotC does not have the best editorial rep.

That said, this is a new edition. New edition, new beginnings, better editing? :) I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But I expect there will be at least some errata. It just depends how much.

Family

First Post
They did have an extra 2 months to edit the PHB, I hope they used them well. I'm really excited about this release.

Remove ads