Phylactery + Bag of Holding + Piercing Weapon = ?

Doesnt matter. Even if a player is a villian he is still a Player Character, and as the rules say a Player Character is one of the six good or neutral alignments.

Tiberius said:

Not quite the case. Since we're being rules-lawyery, please point out to me the passage of the PH or DMG that states that PCs may not be villians and/or monsters. While PCs are not commonly engaged in villiany, no rule I am aware of forbids such behavior.

-Tiberius

[EDIT: There's no "u" in behavior on this side of the Atlantic]

Caliban

Rules Monkey
DocMoriartty said:
Doesnt matter. Even if a player is a villian he is still a Player Character, and as the rules say a Player Character is one of the six good or neutral alignments.

Those are the Standard alignments, not Required alignments. Sometimes people will choose to play a Non-Standard alignment.

Not something I normally allow in my game, but it can be fun for a change of pace.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Sure it does. You merely have to force them to be a rules lawyer about ALL rules instead of just select rules.

Helm of Opposite Alignment.
Deck of Many Things.
Vecna's Missing Bits.
Lycanthropy.

Even if you force PCs to be non-evil at creation, there are ways even within the core rules for them to end up evil instantly - even setting aside the gradual transition through questionable actions.

If a good PC puts on a Helm, do you automatically take the character over as an NPC, because "the first six alignments are the standard alignments for player characters"?

-Hyp.

Remove ads