Level Up (A5E) Pick your Favorite: Class

Stalker0

Legend
I know Morrus made the thread about your favorite thing in LU, but I can't just pick one thing! So in these series of threads, feel free to note your favorite!

In this thread, we are classes. Which class is the most improved, or most evocative....or just plain the coolest?

I think my vote is the Fighter. I've always been drawn to martial classes myself, and the fighter is just dripping with neat abilities and new flavor. And the martial specialization allows you to create hundreds of different fighter builds, all different in a simple but so powerful different way that it really does feel like playing a completely different character. I really think the team nailed this one.

So how about yours?

I know Morrus made the thread about your favorite thing in LU, but I can't just pick one thing! So in these series of threads, feel free to note your favorite!

In this thread, we are classes. Which class is the most improved, or most evocative....or just plain the coolest?

I think my vote is the Fighter. I've always been drawn to martial classes myself, and the fighter is just dripping with neat abilities and new flavor. And the martial specialization allows you to create hundreds of different fighter builds, all different in a simple but so powerful different way that it really does feel like playing a completely different character. I really think the team nailed this one.

So how about yours?
I love the new social-side features of the fighter, like steely mien and drinking yourself to blackouts [while possibly also extracting a secret from an NPC] in lieu of sleep for a long rest.

Having said that, having to read, understand and choose from 44 combat maneuvers at level 1 is a bit overwhelming! Wizards only have 32 by way of comparison (and obviously we know almost all of them already).

Faolyn

(she/her)
Having said that, having to read, understand and choose from 44 combat maneuvers at level 1 is a bit overwhelming! Wizards only have 32 by way of comparison (and obviously we know almost all of them already).
To be fair, you only actually have access to two traditions at 1st level, so once you know what traditions fit what theme, there will be a lot fewer maneuvers to look through.

niklinna

satisfied?
I honestly don't know which class is my favorite yet. I like them all on paper, so much more than their o5e siblings. I think I'd like to try druid first, though, and then a martial class, probably ranger, fighter, or marshal. And then alternate spellcasters and martials as I go.

VenerableBede

Adventurer
Warlock, hands down. The new Eldritch Blast options, spell points, dramatically increased versatility through an even bigger focus on invocations, Pact of the Blade fixes, A5e’s general increased focus on short rests thanks to martial classes and exertion…

Faolyn

(she/her)
I honestly don't know which class is my favorite yet. I like them all on paper, so much more than their o5e siblings. I think I'd like to try druid first, though, and then a martial class, probably ranger, fighter, or marshal. And then alternate spellcasters and martials as I go.
That's with me, too. Sadly, I think I'll end up GMing this long before I actually get to play.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
It's hard for me to say whether the new versions of the cleric or warlock class is my favorite, but I think it's one of those two. Which is odd, because combat maneuvers are my favorite thing overall, and neither of those classes gets access to them.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases