• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Pimp my 4e

DonTadow

First Post
I got friends who will pay 5 to 10k for a car, just so they can severely tweak it and make it "their own" for road rally's and spot races.

As I read about 4e, I am already compiling an excel sheet of things I can't wait to change and tweak, not to make them like 3.5, but to make them fit a style I like more. Currently I"ve been writing a few lines on how to pop in a point based spell system to work in line with what i've heard about the per encounter system.

Is anyone else already planning their pimping options for 4e.

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
I plan to do several things:
-New Traditions and Implements: Cards/Luck&Illusions, Gloves/Ice&Earth
-New Warlock Patrons: Sea-Pact, etc.

I also plan to see how close to resembling the games Golden Sun and Kingdom Hearts I can get using 4e rules. I might have to do some creating and stuff, but w/e

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Yep. Pretty much the same stuff I pimped into 3.0 and 3.5 from my original 1E campaign. A lot of my game is house ruled stuff from the last 25 years.

Aloïsius

First Post
I think I will pimp it a lot, to accomodate a new campaign world I wana use. Example : less fights, but more deadly and rules designed so that you don't use your more powerful power on the first round.

And no healing during combat, no warlord, probably.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I'll want to see what the actual rules look like, but one thing that I'm likely to tinker with is the use of an "Armour as DR" system. I know the WotC designers say they've tried it and rejected it, but I fully intend to try out my own version :)

Ever since RuneQuest in 1978 I've preferred the in-game 'feel' of Armour as DR, so it will be interesting to see how amenable 4e is to it. I have a suspicion it might be easier than 3e was.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I think I'm going to be more open to tweaking 4E right out of the gate, but mostly I think I'll need to play with it for a while before deciding what I want to house rule. Luckily I don't have a 4E campaign immediately on the horizon so I have the luxury of playing around and seeing what I like and don't like.

Vael

Legend
Once I get a good grasp of the mechanics, I'm tempted to convert Incarnum to 4e, as I kinda liked the system and some of it's fluff. I like the idea of molding magic into semi-permanent magic items, and mechanically, I loved the idea of shifting essentia from soulmeld to soulmeld. And I highly doubt we'll see a 4e Incarnum book.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Vael said:
Once I get a good grasp of the mechanics, I'm tempted to convert Incarnum to 4e, as I kinda liked the system and some of it's fluff.

Right on, me too!

What I plan on doing with my 4th Ed campaigns is yanking those Tolkien (even though I'm a huge fan) hanger-ons – halflings, orcs/half-orcs and half-elves.

Ragnar69

First Post
I've made the experience in 3e that house-ruling just isn't worth it most of the time, especialy when playing with different groups and DMs. Just let everyone stick to RAW, makes lot of things easier.

Remove ads