Piratecat's Updated Story Hour! (update 4/03 and 4/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodiak

First Post
WisdomLikeSilence said:
Right. I played Kiri. But the Jennie Finch picture did fit my mental image of Mara--all strong and kind of glowy.

I don't think Mara's player ever weighed in one way or the other on the resemblance.

-WLS

She does look quite a bit like Mara, although Mara is not so pencil-eyebrowed and sophisticated-looking. And her smile isn't quite radiant enough. I've spent a while thinking about who I'd cast as Mara, and nobody seems quite right. I originally envisioned her character a bit like a tall, strong, buff version of Alicia Silverstone from "Clueless".

Among the actresses with the right height and coloring, Charlize Theron is the closest I've come up with (from "The Italian Job"), but more buff and with more hair.

Or maybe Cameron Diaz, but stronger and less goofy.

Tao's player's favorite is Kate Bosworth from "Blue Crush", who I also really like but who is a bit short (5ft7).

Although this makes me have to confess to having seen at least one Tomb Raider movie, Angelina Jolie is one of my favorites so far. Here she is in fighting form. Here she is rash, happy, and bodacious. Not all fair and golden, but very Mara-like (though Mara's is much more naive and less sultry, and she doesn't have breast and lip enhancements or a disturbing relationship with Billy Bob).

I don't know if this helps at all or just confuses things, but there you have it!

-- Mara's player

Last edited:

Blackjack

First Post
Jobu said:
I have always seen Mara with the "Clueless" naiveness of Alicia Silverstone

I'm going to echo Kodiak and Jobu, and say that I think this is a really good fit for how Kodiak plays Mara in person.

Jobu said:
I still haven't really gotten a good picture of Malachite.

The previous suggestion (by KidC, I think) of Dylan McDermott is one I think works pretty well.

Kodiak

First Post
Blackjack said:
I'm going to echo Kodiak and Jobu, and say that I think this is a really good fit for how Kodiak plays Mara in person.

The previous suggestion (by KidC, I think) of Dylan McDermott is one I think works pretty well.

Ooohhh, very nice! I didn't have much of a mental image of Malachite before, but that sure is him. photo 1 photo 2. All steely and rugged. I hadn't realized he was quite so gorgeous. He makes Nolin's brother (whom Mara has always liked) look like a pretty-boy, and gives the Clarion of Aeos a run for his money.

Last edited:

Naathez

Explorer
Most Likely, no-one here -least of all Mr. PCat - can remember my one post on this thread, years ago.

I was - still am - a DM from Italy. And reading PCat's SH had got me back to DMing.

I've been lurking ever since.

But this SH is too good to just LURK. (And NO, it's not pics of "best actress to play Mara" that got me to post, :) .

It's just you guys are too good. All of you.

Thanks for letting us see what you're all doing. For setting a standard (in my book) for what RPG can be.

Thank you all.

I'm here in the shadows reading, if anyone peeks...

er - i think i stepped on something...

Prigg- naaah.

Blackjack

First Post
Kodiak said:
I hadn't realized he was quite so gorgeous.

I actually don't view Malachite as being notably handsome; I (and I think KidC) meant McDermott's steely stance more than his basic looks. Sorry to have been unclear.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Yeah, I was more thinking McDermott for his look of stern dissaproval and steely resolve than for his big blue eyes. But I've never pictured Malachite as fugly either.

The real question is who do we cast for Velendo? I've always pictured him as Abe Vigoda, but I think he's dead.

Blackjack

First Post
KidCthulhu said:
Yeah, I was more thinking McDermott for his look of stern dissaproval and steely resolve than for his big blue eyes. But I've never pictured Malachite as fugly either.

Me neither, but I think I view his high Charisma more as "force of personality" than looks. But that said, a Cha of 19 doesn't put him into the Marty Feldman zone, either. Maybe he does have some looks about him; I never really thought about it before now.

KidCthulhu said:
The real question is who do we cast for Velendo? I've always pictured him as Abe Vigoda, but I think he's dead.

Nope, alive and well!
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001820/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads