Piratecat's Updated Story Hour! (update 4/03 and 4/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Cyri'kazzen the Drow said:
I am curious about the World Creation myth of Spira. I thought I read it somewhere in the 50+ pages, but can't remember where. It had something to do with worms. Any helpers out there? Thanks.

I missed this when it was first asked. The relevant link is here, which links to another spot in the story hour as well. I'm happy to repost the relevant bits; the PCs are being spoken to by a blind elven shaman, late at night, high in the trees.

"I will tell you the oldest legend in the world. Before you humans were molded from the clay, even before Corellon Larethian shaped his perfect people, there are some who believe that the Old World was ruled by the Giantkin, the Dragonfolk, and the Scaled Ones in a time of High Magic. But there is a story that before the first dragon, and before the Gods of the Giants and the Lizards even arrived, the world was already here.

"Once it had been a home to races we can not even imagine, but that time had passed. For when the Gods first arrived here, brought by the voice of the last innocent screaming his death, they found a world in ruin. The whole world was worms, and worms were the world, and they cloaked it in darkness and foul vapors, and they ruled as Gods over the twitching bones of their dead victims. Ruins covered the world, but even the new Gods did not know who built them, and the worms had no Gods but themselves.

"So the Worms were foul in they eyes and nostrils of the Gods, and they took it upon themselves to cleanse the world. The worm spawn could not all be slain, so they were tricked, and banished through a hole in reality to a red prison beyond the stars. And around this hole the Gods set markers to keep the prison locked. When the Gods then set to rekindle the sun, it would not light, and when they looked they found that two worms had hidden from them. These worms were wrapped in bands of light and were cursed to stay bound and powerless while the new sun shone upon the world. Thus, the world filled with light and was remade in the name of the Gods, and was called Spira. In time, the world was cleansed enough for Corellon Larethian to shape his children, and in time the other people of Spira were shaped as well by their creators.​
It's believed that one of these worms is chained deep beneath a temple to Imbindarla, far to the south-east on the Penngian Peninsula.* No one the group has spoken to knows where the other one is bound.

* At one point the PCs had possession of a cubic gate that went a couple of interesting places, including the mindflayer city where the damaged elder brain was and just outside of this particular temple. The first time the group went there (around 10th-12th lvl) they took one look at the crumbling and looming exterior - I tried to duplicate the mood of the temple from the original Temple of Elemental Evil module - and they wanted nothing to do with it. The looked at it for a few minutes, grimaced, decided there were more pressing problems, and buggered off to tackle another plot hook. Probably just as well. :D

Spatzimaus

First Post
KidCthulhu said:
Now there's a pool! I'm willing to lay down actual cash that none of you can guess correctly.

I do believe we have us a contest. Okay, in honor of the Death Pool, it's:

THE LIFE POOL!
Entries to be given in the following order:
1> Class. It's the most important part, after all. Prestige Classes don't count, just the core class. In case of multiclassing, the highest class counts.
2> Race, to be used in case of ties on #1. Templates don't count, because we could stick half-Whatever on any race. And with this being Piratecat's game, templates are practically implied.
3> Gender, to be used in case of ties on #1 and #2.

So far, then, we have: (I'll keep editing this post as people guess, so that PC can delete as he goes along)
Spatzimaus: Ranger, Halfling, Female
Wizardru: Cleric, Halfling, Female
the Jester: Psion, Gnome, Female
Elocin: Rogue, Dwarf, Male
jerichothebard: Fighter, Dwarf, Male
Graywolf-ELM: Sorcerer, Human, Female
Morte: Bard, Phoenix, Male
Zarathustran: Ranger, Dragon, Female
Blargney the second: Barbarian, Slaad, Genderless
Edward Kann: Ranger, Drider, Male
Sito: Rogue, Blue Monkey, Male (yes, I know it's a joke)
arwink: Barbarian, Illithid, Male
The Amazing Dingo: Druid, Gelatinous Cube, Genderless
Nail: Fighter, Human, ? (is "Twinkes" male or female?)
Ranger Wickett: Rogue, Succubus, Female
Wolfspirit: Sorcerer, Half-Orc, Male
Heroditis: Fighter, Giant, Male
Lela: Paladin, Succubus, Female
Droid101: Paladin, Human, ?
LightPhoenix: Ranger, Elf, Male
Sandain: Psychic Warrior, Aboleth, Male (remember, only one class counts)
Ashy: Sorcerer, Kobold, Male (Klixxit)
Sialia: Aristocrat, Cardboard Box, Male
Weiknarf: Bard, Tiefling, Female
Kaodi: Geomancer, Modron, Genderless (except Geomancer isn't a base class)
Fimmtiu: Psion, Human, Male
Hammerhead: Rogue, Human, Male
Funeris: Bard, Yuan-Ti, Male
MerakSpielman: Cleric, Drow, Female
Thalantor: Barbarian, Goblin, Male

Anyone else?

RULES NOTE: Even if you're joking, it'll go into the table unless you supercede it with a serious guess.

Last edited:

Can't help but toss this out.

Dryder, Ranger, Male

Angsty Dryder Male with White Hair, Ranger, Carries a pair of matching scimitars and let's see...has a magic lawn gnome that he carries with him strapped to his back as if the lawn gnome is riding the Dryder as his mount.

Instead of being EVIL this Dryder is incredibly Neutral. He can never seem to take a stand on anything.

When he calls out the magic lawn gnome's name "Gnomie" the lawn gnome changes into an ACTUAL gnome who has incredible shoe making skills and is also rather good at cheating at cards.

:D

Ed

Fimmtiu

First Post
the Jester said:
So I take it that nobody has any of the earlier stuff, with the Voice of the Wood and all that stuff?

O ye of little faith. ;)

That's a bad automatic HTML conversion of the original RTF document, but it's enough to be readable. Best I can do, in the absence of the piratecat.info site. However, you can get the original not-quite-as-ugly document right here if you prefer.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Kaodi said:
Geomancer, Modron, Genderless.

I tried really hard to get PC to let me play a modron. No luck. I even drew him a picture of my happy modron character and everything. She had a hair bow. (Yes, I know modrons are genderless, but the hair bow seemed necessary).

Fimmtiu

First Post
Human, psion (telepath), male.

And while we're on the subject... Is it just me, or is Agar not quite the diviner he was cracked up to be?

Piratecat said:
The halfling introduces himself as Agar, a planar friend of Nolin's lover Telay, who is seeking her because she owes him money and spell components. "According to my incantations, you're going to run across her before anyone else I can easily reach. Mind if I stick around near you until then?"

jerichothebard

First Post
Fimmtiu said:
Human, psion (telepath), male.

And while we're on the subject... Is it just me, or is Agar not quite the diviner he was cracked up to be?

Nothing there says that Nol's going to run into her in this lifetime...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads