• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's Updated Story Hour! (update 4/03 and 4/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len

Prodigal Member
Kage Tenjin said:
Wulf, This has to be asked: Were you told your death spirit guide was a world-devouring worm of darkness?
Or did it just come as a pleasent suprise?
At that point in the story I imagined Wulf thinking, "I should have just made a fighter." :D

Sialia

First Post
The thing that I love about language is the subtle flexibility of it--the way a word can change meaning without changing meaning--to be nuanced without being so coarse a thing as a pun.

Take a word like "Elder," for example.

So exquisitely different when placed after the word "village" than when following the term "god."

A thing of beauty.

Everett

First Post
Tome and Blood: A Handbook for the Apocalype

I've just finished reading through 3 years of DoD adventures in about 3 days. Everything from the battle with the pirates back in Eversink and Agar's death all the way through the battle with the Ivory King and Nolin's death. And now I have to wait for updates like everyone else. NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR...

Utterly random comments/thoughts/things/questions/etc:

Nolin's "The king is undead. Long live the king" would have made Joss Whedon proud.

Agar's my favorite, EVEN THOUGH I keep expecting him to follow up his periodic "fascinating!"s and "amazing"s with "elementary, dear Velendo" or "illogical, captain". (It's only fair to admit to a bias since in both of the campaign I play in currently I play wizards.) His screaming and disintegrating the stone doors when he was on Mara's war horse in the kuo-toa town(?) with the bugs on him was just lovely.

Are there links somewhere to the DoD adventures that immediately preceeded the thread of this story hour's posts?

I'm curious what all the player crosses between Sagiro's campaign and PC's are - who plays who - I'm aware that PC is Dranko and Sagiro is Velendo - but otherwise - ?

How do you handle it when you have entirely role-playing sessions that displace the characters from their normal circumstances - such as the one in Sagiro's where they appear in the inn with no memories of their adventuring lives, or Nolin's waking up back in [that one place] with his lover still alive - ie., to clarify, how do you handle role-playing wise-a character who's suddenly not exactly what they are? (I think that's approximately what I want to ask.)

<<Quote:
<<Originally Posted by Piratecat
<<Err - who's Priggle?

I don't know, but I think the stores are out of stock.

And - Piratecat, do you have any recommendations for other good StoryHour reads?

(I will now delete all of these comments instead of posting, cuz they're stupid. "Submit reply", that should do it...)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Fajitas played Sharada Clearwater ("Shara.") Moved to Los Angeles.
WisdomLikeSilence played Kirisandra Kulberg (Kiri, Nolin's half sister.) Moved to Los Angeles.
Tremere played TomTom Badgerclaw. Moved to Los Angeles.
Bandeeto played Arcade Deltarion (see "Defenders of Daybreak - the Early Years.") Moved to San Francisco.
Sialia played Cadrienne and Dylrath Birdhouse. Moved to San Francisco.
Sito Rotavele played Claris. Moved to Seattle.
Jobu played Tao Camber. Moved to Las Vegas.
Raevynn played (big surprise) Raevynn. Moved to Las Vegas.

Anyone see a trend, here?

Dr. Rictus played Palladio and created Agar. In a refreshing change, moved to Troy NY.
Aithdim played Glimmer (priest of beauty) and Sir Valdek, Kiri's lover who was slain by the trillith. Moved to Vermont, which is at least on the same coast. :)

For current players, we have:

Sagiro, playing Velendo
Kodiak, playing Mara
Wulf Ratbane, playing Stone Bear
KidCthulhu, formerly playing Nolin
Blackjack, playing Malachite
Aravis, playing Galthia
Alomir, playing Agar

Everett, have you read the Defenders of Daybreak: early years thread, or the collected adventures of the Defenders as they first arrive in Eversink? There's almost as much there as there is in this thread. Let me know if anyone needs links.

In addition, I am indeed working on an update! I just finished a new Ceramic DM entry, too, which may or may not be related to characters from "The Early Years" thread. Heh heh. See it here.

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
And, to answer the original question about cross-over players between PC and Sagiro's games, I believe the current roster is:

Aravis = Galthia & Aravis
Kodiak = Mara & Kibi
KidCthulhu = Nolin (formerly) & Ernie
Sagiro = Velendo & GM
PirateCat = GM & Dranko

That's it for cross-over players, as far as I know. Anyone who actually currently plays in either game have an update?

In other cross-over news, WisdomLikeSilence and (coming soon) Tremere play in the game I run out here in LA. A link to our SH can be found in my .sig file below... :cool: *

* I know that technically this is the "cool" smilie, but it's the closest thing I could find to a "pimping" smilie.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You nailed the crossover between groups perfectly; in Sagiro's game, Morningstar and Grey Wolf are played by a couple who don't spend time here. If we're discussing crossover, though, don't forget Spyscribe! She sat in on one of my games the other month, and was an absolute delight; she played an NPC better than I ever would have managed. I'm sure I'll get to that game in, oh, eight months or more. :)

Starman

Adventurer
The link on page one to the archived story hour up to this thread is broken. Could someone point me to another copy somewhere?

Starman

Dawn

First Post
Well it has taken me four days and a closed, locked door to my office, but I have finally gotten caught up on a year and half of PKitty Story Goodness! (My projects haven’t gotten completed, but hey it’s only a job!)
I was sure there was Defender butt kicking being handed out while I was away and I was happily rewarded to read through it all.
KC - much sadness over your loss of Nolin.
PKitty and players, you have inspired me to dust off my notebooks and restart my campaign.

On an aside, are there any really noticeable benefits to upgrading from 3.0 to 3.5 Core?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Starman, I'll post or email you a copy within the next day or so - I just need to track down the correct version.

Fimmtiu

First Post
the Jester said:
Well, I downloaded it from a link someone posted... somewhere... in the last 20 pages of the thread, I'll wager.

It was weeks ago- but- well, months ago, I'd say- but it's there somewhere. In this thread. Back a few pages... I believe as a link, but it might be an attachment?

http://www.funkplanet.com/misc/PC.html

It's a bad automatic HTML translation of the original RTF document, but still more or less readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads