• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pirate's Guide to Freeport -- Impressions?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Rod,

You can probably get the PDF cheaper than you can the hardcover. At least that's been my impression when it comes to comparison via PDF versus the print versions.

This is not to say I won't get a print version. I'll just pick up the PDF first. :)

Whiz,

Not sure about an OSRIC, but a C&C might be possible. I do know there's a d20, True d20 and I believe one other system that will be used for Freeport.

Nightfall said:
Rod,

You can probably get the PDF cheaper than you can the hardcover. At least that's been my impression when it comes to comparison via PDF versus the print versions.

It's not a cost thing. Given an either/or, I prefer a print copy for stuff longer than 10 or 15 pages. Of course, both would be better :)

CaptainChaos

First Post
There's a bit of humor but the general tone is pretty gritty. More akin to the original Death in Freeport than some of the later FP stuff. Not that I ever minded. WFRP has way more goofy puns and whatnot than Freeport ever did, and people still talk about it likes it's the darkest setting around.

Treebore

First Post
Its by Green Ronin. Its Freeport. There is no question that this is a good book. Plus look who the author is.

Definitely a good buy.

Remove ads