D&D 3E/3.5 Placeholder 3.5 Psionic Conversion?

Zardnaar

Legend
I have been working on a DS conversion to be plugged into 5E when the psionic rules land. Well that might take a while so I was wondering about a placeholder quick and dirty conversion of the 3.5 Psionic rules.

The quick and dirty conversion would be to use the wizard class as a template, base it off intelligence. 5 subclasses, the psychokinesis one gets int to damage like the Sorcerer.

Psionic versions basically function like 5E equivalents. A psionic energy ball deals damage as per fireball, psionic points etc convert over from 3.5 as is. Effects that were more or less identical to magical versions in 3.5 are the same perhaps just changing what level they are available at. Charms, teleport, suggestion, polymorph, dominate etc are more or less the same as 5E versions the psion pays more points to upcast them. Effects that duplicate concentration spells also require concentration on the psionic versions. THe psionic damage dealing powers would need a bit of tweaking.

Remember quick and dirty, I think I would design the main class and a single subclass whatever one is the easiest to convert or what I feel is the most iconic psion (telepath?). If you tweak the effects to be in line with 5E norms duplicating spells when they are more or less identical would this work as a quick and dirty placeholder?

Remove ads