Level Up (A5E) Plan your pledge tiers...

@Morrus Since we're close to the stretch goal for the character creation, could you give us a few details about that? I know a few people that are willing to pledge based on what the character creator would be like.

For example: Is it only for first-level characters or does it support all levels of play? Will it only contain the basic SRD stuff or will it support non-srd content as well. And finally is it complex enough to support homebrew items/spells etc?

SirApetus

Explorer
@Morrus Since we're close to the stretch goal for the character creation, could you give us a few details about that? I know a few people that are willing to pledge based on what the character creator would be like.

For example: Is it only for first-level characters or does it support all levels of play? Will it only contain the basic SRD stuff or will it support non-srd content as well. And finally is it complex enough to support homebrew items/spells etc?
Wonderful question that I am also wondering :)

King Brad

Explorer

I'm also curious because ease of entry is going to be crucial for some tables. While I love the efficacy of digital tools as well as the help its brought to people with physical impairments, its definitely bred a mentality of 'if it isn't digital, its too much work". Which is not good when all the computers are gonna crash in 5 years!

VanguardHero

Adventurer
I'm also curious, assuming it'll be full rules available for complete character creation and no tiered D&D Beyond nonsense, but wondering if it'll be a static program akin to Lancer's Comp/Con or an online tool accessible through the internet like Pathbuilder.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I'm also curious because ease of entry is going to be crucial for some tables. While I love the efficacy of digital tools as well as the help its brought to people with physical impairments, its definitely bred a mentality of 'if it isn't digital, its too much work". Which is not good when all the computers are gonna crash in 5 years!
Somehow, I think we'll still have pervasive technology in 5 years. ;)

Also: some of us don't have local gaming groups. My Saturday group has people from multiple countries in, and my Sunday group covers 4 different time zones. Some of the best groups I've ever had, but unfortunately, I won't ever be able to have regular in-person games with them.

So I'm obviously really hoping that last stretch goal gets achieved and VTT support is deep!

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Somehow, I think we'll still have pervasive technology in 5 years. ;)

Also: some of us don't have local gaming groups. My Saturday group has people from multiple countries in, and my Sunday group covers 4 different time zones. Some of the best groups I've ever had, but unfortunately, I won't ever be able to have regular in-person games with them.

So I'm obviously really hoping that last stretch goal gets achieved and VTT support is deep!
wrt that last stretch goal I'm hoping it has a better manual input like on a pen & paper sheet than ddb's create an item>find the item>add it>equip it & the printable output has a layout more like a standard sheet

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

We’ll be posting an update about that as soon as we hit the goal.

Remove ads