• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Plan your pledge tiers...

@Morrus Since we're close to the stretch goal for the character creation, could you give us a few details about that? I know a few people that are willing to pledge based on what the character creator would be like.

For example: Is it only for first-level characters or does it support all levels of play? Will it only contain the basic SRD stuff or will it support non-srd content as well. And finally is it complex enough to support homebrew items/spells etc?

SirApetus

Explorer
@Morrus Since we're close to the stretch goal for the character creation, could you give us a few details about that? I know a few people that are willing to pledge based on what the character creator would be like.

For example: Is it only for first-level characters or does it support all levels of play? Will it only contain the basic SRD stuff or will it support non-srd content as well. And finally is it complex enough to support homebrew items/spells etc?
Wonderful question that I am also wondering :)

King Brad

Explorer

I'm also curious because ease of entry is going to be crucial for some tables. While I love the efficacy of digital tools as well as the help its brought to people with physical impairments, its definitely bred a mentality of 'if it isn't digital, its too much work". Which is not good when all the computers are gonna crash in 5 years!

VanguardHero

Adventurer
I'm also curious, assuming it'll be full rules available for complete character creation and no tiered D&D Beyond nonsense, but wondering if it'll be a static program akin to Lancer's Comp/Con or an online tool accessible through the internet like Pathbuilder.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I'm also curious because ease of entry is going to be crucial for some tables. While I love the efficacy of digital tools as well as the help its brought to people with physical impairments, its definitely bred a mentality of 'if it isn't digital, its too much work". Which is not good when all the computers are gonna crash in 5 years!
Somehow, I think we'll still have pervasive technology in 5 years. ;)

Also: some of us don't have local gaming groups. My Saturday group has people from multiple countries in, and my Sunday group covers 4 different time zones. Some of the best groups I've ever had, but unfortunately, I won't ever be able to have regular in-person games with them.

So I'm obviously really hoping that last stretch goal gets achieved and VTT support is deep!

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Somehow, I think we'll still have pervasive technology in 5 years. ;)

Also: some of us don't have local gaming groups. My Saturday group has people from multiple countries in, and my Sunday group covers 4 different time zones. Some of the best groups I've ever had, but unfortunately, I won't ever be able to have regular in-person games with them.

So I'm obviously really hoping that last stretch goal gets achieved and VTT support is deep!
wrt that last stretch goal I'm hoping it has a better manual input like on a pen & paper sheet than ddb's create an item>find the item>add it>equip it & the printable output has a layout more like a standard sheet

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

We’ll be posting an update about that as soon as we hit the goal.

Remove ads