• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Planescape] Coils Within Coils

nonamazing

Explorer
For a few moments, the master is silent, showing his respect for the sacrifice Vash has made. Then he slowly turns to face the tiefling. "This is a time of great change, Rhys. Vash has done his best to warn us. Tell me, what will be done with him now? Do you believe there is any way to ease his pain, short of the obvious?"

Ronthias then turns to where Halidon stands, still looking surprised, in the doorway of the room. "The blade from which you took your name, boy--its significance is clearly greater than either of us might have thought. And by sharing its name (or was it perhaps the other way around?) you have chosen to share its destiny."

"Now, Halidon, blade or boy, I must ask you to lead us onwards. Vash has given much...perhaps his life...to pass this message on to you. Can you read the truth of it? Can you, blade-saint, cut to the pulsating heart of reason that lies beneath this mystery?"

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Unless Saelya sees anything that grabs her attention, she'll just watch out to make sure she isn't near any attack as she waits for her turn to reenter the portal.

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying offers Cosh a formal bow, and reaches up to adjust her hair and make sure she's presentable.

"Thank you, Cosh," she says. "I will tell your friend that you have repaid his favor well."

With that, she turns and steps cautiously into The Imaginary Meal, already wondering with both apprehension and excitement what she would find there.

ByteRynn

First Post
"What little I know of my sword gives me no true insight...I know this blade is called the Nameblade, and that once, long ago, it was given to an apprentice as a lesson is self-suffeciency and trust without questioning. This sword has a long history from that time on, and I have not yet learned why it bears the name "Halidon" upon it. Perhaps we should find and speak to a sage who knows such things."

Kafkonia

First Post
Aki keeps his eyes peeled, watching his companion's back as well as his own but being careful not to look too closely in the direction of the images that so enraptured him before.

nonamazing

Explorer
Ronthias grimaces at Halidon's words. "You speak of knowledge and history, child, but these things mean little to the Trancendent Order. Return your thoughts to the now, to the here. Clear your mind of the distractions of what you think you know."

The master takes a strip of silk from his belt and ties it around Halidon's eyes. "Let us try and take a lesson from poor Vash, shall we?" Once the blindfold is ready, Ronthis steps back. "Take up your blade, Halidon. Feel the Cadence of the Planes. Let your pluse beat in time with it." As he speaks, Ronthias gently spins Halidon around. "There is no randomness, only the densely weaved tapestry of a pattern we do not see. Let your body and sword flow through this pattern, to find the point at which it should be."

Ronthias steps back to the entrance of the room, letting the boy continue to revolve slowly. After a few moments, Halidon comes to a rest, his sword pointed confidently at one of the greenish words scrawled onto the wall. Ronthias looks up at Rhys. "If my intuition was correct, this shall give us a strong current of guidance."

Rhys looks down at the old man. "And if not?", she asks.

The master grins up at his former student. "Heh, well, then we'll try something else."

Ferrix

Explorer
"I could not fathom to decline an invitation from so exquisite and gracious a Lady." He bows his head in a moment of genuflection before smiling broadly, his gaze flicking impartially over whatever is bound to the table. Whatever it was probably deserved its fate, one did not cross the King of the Crossroads.

Climbing up beside the arcanaloth, he resides upon the platform for a moment of silence.

OOC: Argh... Internet ate my post from yesterday :(

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
nonamazing said:
For a few moments, the master is silent, showing his respect for the sacrifice Vash has made. Then he slowly turns to face the tiefling. "This is a time of great change, Rhys. Vash has done his best to warn us. Tell me, what will be done with him now? Do you believe there is any way to ease his pain, short of the obvious?"

Rhys narrows her eyes at Vash for a moment, her mind in conflict as she attempts to balance between what is best for Sigils safety and what would be best for Vash. A flicker of movement tossess her long black hair for a moment, and she then turns to Ronthias. "We will not concern ourselves with it, Vash will stay here until his message is completed, by that time it should be apparent what must be done with him.

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Unless Saelya sees anything that grabs her attention, she'll just watch out to make sure she isn't near any attack as she waits for her turn to reenter the portal.

Kafkonia said:
Aki keeps his eyes peeled, watching his companion's back as well as his own but being careful not to look too closely in the direction of the images that so enraptured him before.

The next few hours pass with anxiety but relative safety, as the radiant and deadly insects pound incessently upon the iron tower with no way to gain entrance. In an effort to keep the voyage from becoming a complete bust a number of the Primewalkers begin stripping the paintings from the tower and loading them up on caravans, quite possibly the only way to draw a profit from the whole expedition. A burly bauir comes to you hefting a large oil painting of a scenic dessert oasis, the waters surface is almost mirrorlike and the sand is white as a coastline despite it covering only a relatively small spring. His accent is Ysgardian with a slight irrecognizable drawl. Much 'pologies bloods for draggin ye out ta this accursed place, lucky we're that the portal back home is chock full of these art goods, otherwise this woulda been a Snipe hunt altogether. We can pay ye in this, our appraisers put it at an easy hundred thou coppers to split between yeh, or ye can wait till we get back to the cage an' earn your standard wage of three thousand gold apiece. Either way the days up and your turn at the portals presen, so don't take your time bein' a choosey.

After you make your decision the bariur strolls back up the spiral staircases to collect more of the paintings, placing yours back back with the requisitions master if you choose to take your payment later in coin.

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
Shayuri said:
Mei Ying offers Cosh a formal bow, and reaches up to adjust her hair and make sure she's presentable.

"Thank you, Cosh," she says. "I will tell your friend that you have repaid his favor well."

With that, she turns and steps cautiously into The Imaginary Meal, already wondering with both apprehension and excitement what she would find there.

"Right then, pip pip, and exus ego'n all that. Fare thee well young miss."

Cosh scampers off down an alley as you make your descent, the straps of his attire silent as he footpads off to some other corner of the city.

The inside of the imaginary meal is lit with greens, yellows and violets, and none of these illuminations are the products of candles. The air is smoky and pungent as the Cage's air outside, but this sort is rich and pleasent as hickory and nutmeg where-as the Sigil's air is only smog and dust. The ceiling is pitched in five differint places, and the longer you stare into one of the angles the more you see of an imaginary battle, or the creation of a sculpture, or perhaps a dream image of any of the patrons. Speaking of the patrons, you find they're all dressed in loose and leisurely as academics on holiday, the lot of them in exited whispers or half-belted drunken tunes which might or might not be anthems of their universities. A man in khaki slacks and a brown vest over a navy blue shirt sits near a fire pit that blazes but seems to give off no light, he motions you over excitedly as he recognizes you.

"Ms Ying, here here, I have a fine place set for you here!"

The shout is jovial but friendly, and none of the other diners look up from their discussion at the humans outbirst. The man you presume as one Duhrnquest Peelhollow waves his hand to the empty plate on his oppisite side, his features look Greyhawk Western but his smile looks Arboreal wide.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads