• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planeshifter (MoTP Prc). Plane shift to Far Realm or Region of Dreams?

Kaelynna

First Post
Hello,

I was wondering if a character who is a planeshifter (Manual of the Planes prestige class) can plane shift to planes such as the Region of Dreams and even the Far Realm? Assume that both the Region of Dreams and the Far Realm exist in the cosmology for the purposes of this discussion.

The reason I ask is it appears that no focus component is required for the plane shift ability since it is a prestige class ability. So therefore, it appears that a planeshifter can planeshift anywhere within the cosmology within the accuracy parameters of the plane shift spell of course (i.e., not pinpoint accuracy).

Of course, this also assume the planeshifter has done substantial research to learn about the Region of Dreams and the Far Realm.

Anyway, what all do you think? And thanks!
- K

SpuneDagr

Explorer
Dreams: Maybe.
Far Realm: Make sure the character does research on it. You do some research on it. Read H.P. Lovecraft's "From Beyond." Then, if for some reason, he still wants to go, make him go totally nuts or get eaten or something.

It's not a place people should be.

Destil

Explorer
Planeshift uses the Astral Plane to get around. The question you really need to ask is: is the Far Realm or Region of Dreams accessable through the Astral. The answer, of course, is up to the DM.

Getting the proper tuning fork could prove to be an interesting adventure, however.

Malicene

First Post
As soon as dream and far realm are part of your cosmology, you should be able to go :
Dream : Beware of nightmare and Sidth
Far Realm : a good place to find an insane death !!:D
Shub Niggurath is waiting for you soul !!

also Planeshift spell and Amulet of the planes or Cubic gate can bring you there (Cubic Gate : can bring you the Xenobit realm (Hellraiser) very close to Far realm :D :D )

Kaelynna

First Post
Malicene said:
As soon as dream and far realm are part of your cosmology, you should be able to go :
Dream : Beware of nightmare and Sidth
Far Realm : a good place to find an insane death !!:D
Shub Niggurath is waiting for you soul !!

also Planeshift spell and Amulet of the planes or Cubic gate can bring you there (Cubic Gate : can bring you the Xenobit realm (Hellraiser) very close to Far realm :D :D )

Thanks for your thoughts and advice everyone! I have a question for you Malicene...

Where can I find more information on this Xenobit realm (Hellraiser). Sounds interesting.

SpuneDagr, I'll check out "From Beyond". The more inspirational material the better.

Thanks again!
- K

Remove ads