• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planning my campaign (renamed from "Need a 1st level adventure")

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Well, all the strong recommendations for The Slaying Stone are swaying me that way. Probably for the better...otherwise it'd be Duergar overkill.

So, now I'm thinking:
Level 1: The Slaying Stone
Level 2: Reavers of Harkenwold, part 1
Level 3: Reavers of Harkenwold, part 2
Level 4: Village of Hommlet
Level 5: Orcs of Stonefang Pass
Level 6: Dead by Dawn (supersized)
Level 7-8: ?
Level 9: Tomb of Horrors, Ch1 (1 level early) dropping Tomb of Horrors (4E conversion)
Level 10: Touch of Madness
Level 11: Depths of Madness
Level 12: (cont)
Level 13: Brink of Madness

The first 4 levels should keep me busy for the next 4 months. Hopefully I can sort out the mid-heroic tier by then.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
For level 7/8 - I've heard good things about The Last Breaths of Ashenport from Dungeon 156. Might be worth checking out (it's by Ari, same as the new Tomb of Horrors)

Daern

Explorer
I think doing a leveled up Dead By Dawn is a great idea. Characters are so tough by then that you can really throw alot at them and not worry too much...

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Latest iteration:

Level 1: The Slaying Stone
Level 2: Reavers of Harkenwold, part 1
Level 3: Reavers of Harkenwold, part 2
Level 4: Cairn of Winter King (Monster Vault) or Village of Hommlet (RPGA)
Level 5: Orcs of Stonefang Pass
Level 6: Dead by Dawn (supersized homebrew conversion)
Level 7: Fortress of the Yuan-Ti
Level 8: Last Breaths of Asheport
Level 9: Tomb of Horrors (4E HB), Ch1 (1 level early)
Level 10: Touch of Madness
Level 11: Depths of Madness
Level 12: (cont)
Level 13: Brink of Madness

Suggestions welcome!

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Looks like Fortress of the Yuan-Ti is about two levels long. If I want to keep Ashenport (and I do!) I may need to adjust the former to levels 6-7 and nix the project to beef up Dead by Dawn.

renau1g

First Post
Or you can maybe trim some encounters from Fortress? I'm not familiar with the module so not sure if it's possible, but it usually is in many WotC adventures.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads