• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [Play Report] Quests of Doom: The Noble Rot

redrick

First Post
So, is anyone else TOTALLY baffled by the manor house map? Where do the stairs in the ballroom GO? WHERE is the entrance A in the basement compared to the front door of the manor house? the text refers to "the back door" but by my calculations, it should be AT the front doors of the house? Huh?

And no servants quarters? No back stairs to the upper floor? HUGE rooms, but no real living space? And why is the kitchen (hot, smelly, where laundry is done, etc...) right next to the parlor? NO high class noble wants to be sitting in his only living room in his entire house next door to the kitchen. I'm going to have to use a completely different manor house map, and completely redo the whole physical description. Sigh, and I was hoping to drop this into my campaign with very little work this weekend...

Ha, forgot about that. Yes, I did have to rework all the staircase continuity. The stairs in the maps felt pretty disjointed. I put kitchen servants in an unkeyed room on the ground floor and a nanny upstairs.

Remove ads