Played my first Druid ever last night!

LostSoul

Adventurer
I played my first Druid ever last night.

I joined an on-going Red Hand of Doom game - somewhere near the end; I played a few years ago but didn't get that far in it, so that was cool.

My PC was pretty much a core-only human Druid. Having too many options gets under my skin because I tend to think, "I know there's one more feat/prestige class I can use..." Even though I had a lot of options I decided to keep it simple.

It was a lot of fun. One NPC got poisoned so I summoned a Unicorn to help him out while we dealt with the assassin. Turned into a Dire Lion and got to RP out the fact that I could no longer talk. "Growl." Learned that Large creatures in small spaces aren't so effective. Got to drop a Wall of Thorns to mess up the bad guys. A Flame Strike with a pretty awesome damage roll was sweet. Buffed up another PC with Cat's Grace so her Tumble roll - which failed by 2 - succeeded, allowing her to complete her attack and get a crit.

Quote of the night: "The Balance hangs in the balance!" :)

Pretty fun game.

One of the players in this game (St from my 4E hack game) is planning on running Queen of the Demonweb Pits (or whatever it's called in 3.5); I'm going to try to make the PC I loved playing back in AD&D - an elven fighter/magic-user. (Sadly I can't get the /thief part of that as well.) For this guy I'm using everything available, not just the core stuff. I'm glad Abjurant Champion is so powerful. ;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sounds like you had a blast!

Out of curiosity, why do you say you can't get the "/thief" part back on your PC?

LostSoul

Adventurer
For the F/M-U, it's just too much of a hit against effectiveness. Right now I think he's got a +7 BAB and casts as a 7th-level Wizard at 9th level. I'm not really concerned with the lack of Sneak Attack, but the skills are on the low side. I would love to boost those "Thief" skills but I'm not sure it's possible. (My background also includes some Luskan pirate stuff, so I ended up putting some ranks in Profession: Sailor.)

For reference, he's a Grey Elf Fighter2/Wizard4/Spellsword1/Abjurant Champion2. With awesome stats (18 16 16 18 8 8) and incredible HP (88!) - these guys have some nice house rules. ;)

I also picked some Fey Heritage feats - Fey Legacy and Fey Skin - just because I think they are very cool. I'm not sure they really help out, but damn, I like them.

Dandu

First Post
I'm going to try to make the PC I loved playing back in AD&D - an elven fighter/magic-user. (Sadly I can't get the /thief part of that as well.) For this guy I'm using everything available, not just the core stuff. I'm glad Abjurant Champion is so powerful. ;)
Suggestion: use an elf variant race that doesn't get a Con penalty.

Remove ads