Player signups tomorrow (Feb 15) at 7pm

Although we don't have as many games yet as I'd hoped, player signups are still a go for tomorrow , Feb 15th, at 7pm. That should give everyone a fair-ish shake at getting into what they want.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Although we don't have as many games yet as I'd hoped, player signups are still a go for tomorrow , Feb 15th, at 7pm. That should give everyone a fair-ish shake at getting into what they want.
I'm still on the fence about running something myself, and I'm working on two other folks to get their games posted in here: an indie game "In A Wicked Age", and a Star Wars Saga crawl, "Many Bothans Died..."

Failing that, I'm generally surprised by the lack of response this time. I'm hoping that they'll be a flood of 'em as we get closer, but you're right, it's better to have 'em posted now than later.

Mostly I wanted to avoid everyone signing up for the games as they became available, and then (a) getting buyers remorse if something that appealed more got posted, (b) jumping from game to game leaving empty slots that someone else might have wanted, (c) people not running games because they thought there wouldn't be players, and (d) players drifting away because it looked like there wouldn't be games.

Oh well. That's what I get for thinking :p

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Mostly I wanted to avoid everyone signing up for the games as they became available, and then (a) getting buyers remorse if something that appealed more got posted, (b) jumping from game to game leaving empty slots that someone else might have wanted, (c) people not running games because they thought there wouldn't be players, and (d) players drifting away because it looked like there wouldn't be games.

Oh well. That's what I get for thinking :p
Well, you definitely can't be faulted for not thinking. Scheduling these things and getting the right balance is more of an art than a science, I imagine.

I'm hammering away at my other two friends, AND since QH also chimed in about his Weekend Warriors or Temple of Mysteries thing, I'm feeling pretty good about my attempts to recruit games (which assuages the guilt over not committing to run one myself yet).

Seonaid

Explorer
madwabbit said:
Well, you definitely can't be faulted for not thinking.
Sure he can! And then he can blame Fickle!

You're doing a great job, RI. I'm sure everything will work out great. I'm excited! :D

QuinnHarlech

Explorer
I'll be listing mine tonight. And curse you, other GMs, for having cool sounding games, too! I don't know if I want to list mine as morning or afternoon since I don't know whether I'd prefer to play in one of the awesome morning or fun afternoon games.....

Queenie

Queen of Everything
madwabbit said:
I'm still on the fence about running something myself, and I'm working on two other folks to get their games posted in here: an indie game "In A Wicked Age", and a Star Wars Saga crawl, "Many Bothans Died..."

Failing that, I'm generally surprised by the lack of response this time. I'm hoping that they'll be a flood of 'em as we get closer, but you're right, it's better to have 'em posted now than later.

You should TOTALLY run something! Of course that is just me being all biased ;)

Cassander

First Post
John Crichton said:
You could push back the sign-up date and give GMs another week or so. :cool:

I'd be cool with it.

This seems like a good idea... would not having player sign-ups for another week cause any problems, really? And it'd give more time for GMs to post games and for players to get in the games they most want, avoiding the buyer's remorse thing.

madwabbit

First Post
Cassander said:
This seems like a good idea... would not having player sign-ups for another week cause any problems, really? And it'd give more time for GMs to post games and for players to get in the games they most want, avoiding the buyer's remorse thing.
I think if we wait, we're still gonna get the same thing happening. The event's been posted since just after Festivus, and it's been open for games being posted for, what, two weeks?

I mean, I'm not opposed to waiting (although I'm eager to register), but I really don't think it's going to matter. The event is in a month, and it was announced more than a month ago...

Remove ads