• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player vs player modules?

valeren

First Post
Hi guys! My groups plans to try something new wherein a dnd 4e campaign would be set up wherein the players would be working against other players. In light of this, we were wondering if there any dungeon adventure/modules of any other game (dnd like) out there which have a similar theme.

Thanks

BlackMoria

First Post
Technically, you don't need a special module for player vs player. Almost any module can do. You just have the different player groups be competition to each other in the race to win the McGuffin, rescue the princess, kill the dragon, or whatever the purpose of the module is.

That said, Dungeon mag had a few adventures called The Champion's Games (I think that is what they were called). There was a Champion's Games I & II.
The premise of the modules was a competition between teams to solve a series of challenges with the winning team being the one who gained the most points. However, the teams don't actually face off with each other (each team faces the challenges as a independent team, so it is not a free for all).

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I think any module can be a PvP module. Just tell the players they will want to have their own goals vs. having team goals. Make it explicit that getting into conflict with other PCs is part of the point of that scenario and then watch as differing goals and opinions lead to conflict. Happens on the internet all the time.

roguerouge

First Post
Yes. Paizo's Entombed with the Pharoah's is set up with a competing NPC party in mind, so you could totally set that up for your players, or just have a three-way.

Edit: As is Into the Haunted Forest

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads