• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Players age

MadLuke

First Post
Hi guys,
first of all, I have to report this user age statistic from my website:

Age - Players count
15 - 19: 21
20 - 24: 56
25 - 29: 83
30 - 34: 82
35 - 39: 44
40 - 44: 40
45 - 49: 18
50 - 54: 8

My question is: does this means that when I'll be 50 years old (now I'm 38), I will not find any play mate?? :.-(
Is it true that once players grow up, they stop play RPG (D&D most of all)? I'm already worried about it..!

Bye, MadLuke.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
D&D is 40 year old this year. Many of us started playing when we were 10. Therefore 50 tends to be an upper bound, teenagers being the demographic which took it up in the 1970s.

I would garner a guess that new player acquisition trends younger; not a lot of older folks discover D&D.

So every year that upper age bracket will increase by a year. And, sure, it'll start to swindle off because folks do stop doing things for a million different reasons.

RSKennan

Explorer
I'm 36 for a few more months.

I think that by the time we're ready for it, there will be a market for an old gamer's home.

Jhaelen

First Post
My question is: does this means that when I'll be 50 years old (now I'm 38), I will not find any play mate?? :.-(
I don't think so. I consider myself an RPG player for life. I strongly doubt I'll ever stop playing. So, at least to a certain degree I expect the brackets to shift with more older players playing RPGs in the future.

MadLuke

First Post
I don't think so. I consider myself an RPG player for life. I strongly doubt I'll ever stop playing. So, at least to a certain degree I expect the brackets to shift with more older players playing RPGs in the future.

You're welcome... But I knew so many people who considered themselves player forever, and they stopped (university, work, wife, children and so on).

Bye, MadLuke.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads