"Players Roll the Dice Variant" - what is the standard

Aoric

First Post
Omegaxicor,

That's fine. I think you could allow both options. One any obvious saving throws the PC's can roll. Any non-obvious are rolled by the DM. If this does not work tell your players to roll a d20 ten times before each session record the rolls for each player. Then when a save is necessary you go down your list in order and apply the roll from the list with any modifiers. This way the players roll for their saves and their is still some uncertainty about which roll is being applied. Just a few different options you can try it out and see how it works for you.

Later

Aoric

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I've used @Aoric 's pre-rolling technique in my own solo game. It works amazingly well but it does kind of break immersion. I was running said PC through a megadungeon and he had 3 NPC "helpers" along wth him... it was so much more convenient and faster to have the dice already set. You can't predict what will come, so ou can't exactly power-game unless you're really good at knowing when you want to make attack rolls. ^_^

Aoric

First Post
I've used @Aoric 's pre-rolling technique in my own solo game. It works amazingly well but it does kind of break immersion. I was running said PC through a megadungeon and he had 3 NPC "helpers" along wth him... it was so much more convenient and faster to have the dice already set. You can't predict what will come, so ou can't exactly power-game unless you're really good at knowing when you want to make attack rolls. ^_^

I would still allow for the players to roll for their attack's. Just use the pre rolls for saves, checks and surprises.

Later

Aoric

Remove ads