• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Players: What Do You Bring With You to a Game?

loki8481

First Post
physically :)

I keep binders for each of my characters, with character sheets, notes, and print-outs of any relevant sections of books (class description, abilities, spells, etc). it saves my back from having to lug around a bunch of books when I can just slip a binder into my backpack instead along with my dice bag, pencil sharpener, and a couple pencils.

less directly game related, I also bring drinks for myself and snacks for the group/host.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Drinks, snacks, money (for when actual food is ordered, rather than pre-made or cooked at the time), a PHB (or equivalent), mechanical pencil thingies + refills, a decent eraser or two, plenty of dice (i.e., some to spare, even).

Oh, and sometimes a miniature (for my PC).

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
My character scribbl, I mean, character sheet, my dice and whichever couple of books I need for my PC. Money, drinks and snacks depend on the group's tradition.

Starglim

Explorer
Character folder
Latest printout of my character sheet
Blank paper to write notes and record stats
Player's Handbook and any supplements I'm specifically using for my character
Pens (I don't use pencil any more, erasing really doesn't work very well)
Dice box
Anything the DM asks me to provide, such as miniatures or another rulebook
A bottle of soft drink, often

For most of my games in the past decade at least, I've had to lug this stuff for four or five blocks at minimum, so I try to keep it light.

Knight-of-Roses

Historian of the Absurd
Character sheet, dice, scratch paper and pencil, a rulebook if I have one.

I am usually the host, so I have things to drink availible and money to toss in for food (if we are doing a group food thing).

cmrscorpio

Explorer
I'm usually the DM, but on the rare occasions where I'm a player I bring:

Up-to-date Character sheet
A blank Character Sheet (I'm ready for anything)
Notes from previous sessions & blank paper for new notes
Dice
PHB and other relevant books
12 pack of soda pop to share
Mechanical Pencils
Gridded gaming mat
Miniatures
Money in case we order food

The awesome.
That, too. Always.

Cadfan

First Post
I bring one sheet of paper- my character sheet. I put my character on a custom designed character sheet, editted to fit the particular character, dropping all detail not relevant for that particular character, and dropping everything I can remember on my own. I can generally get a 4e pc on one page up until the paragon tier. I also bring a pen. I write directly on the character sheet, and reprint the character every level after the sheet has been thorougly destroyed.

I also bring my own dice, and a miniature where relevant. I'm the regional painter, so I sometimes bring other people's miniatures, since they're really my miniatures that they're borrowing.

Our group has a rotating system for food and drinks, so I don't bring those unless its my turn.

So that's it, really.

One page character sheet.
Pen.
Dice.
Miniature.

Food if relevant.

Daern

Explorer
Box

I bring a small wooden box that contains my dice, character sheet, mini, etc. I also bring a rulebook and M&M's.

neceros

Adventurer
Laptop case with Laptop, many pencils and markers, character sheets both blank and filled, and any books I need for the game pertaining to that character. Usually core + psionics, magic itm compendium, spell compendium and possibly completes.

Oh, and dice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads