D&D 5E Playing through a Sample Stat Draft (COMPLETED!)

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
For those who are curious, the ability score total for this set of numbers is the same as for the previous draft (474 points).
Yeah, last one had a lot of middle of the road numbers. This one has more highs and more lows, so makes sense they average out the same. I’m hoping I’ll be able to pull off the mental-heavy druid this time.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Why in the world would anyone pick a 6 Wisdom? It also breaks the pattern you have with most of the other choices...

Hmm...
If they were planning to dump wisdom anyway and wanted to insure first pick in the next round.

Why anyone would plan to dump wisdom, however, is beyond me.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Why in the world would anyone pick a 6 Wisdom? It also breaks the pattern you have with most of the other choices...

Hmm...

No one probably would and they'd (hopefully) pick a slightly higher wild number if they need a replacement. However, sometimes player's character ideas are not about optimizing but capturing a personality and they want a low stat.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Are you trying to cast Suggestion on me?

Never!

the jungle book disney GIF

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
More notes on previous stat drafts:

I find that in my experience, players are pretty evenly split between those who try to make the best version they can of the same character in both drafts and those who have different character ideas for each and choose based on mood and what others end up with.

Remove ads