D&D 5E Playing through a Sample Stat Draft (COMPLETED!)

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I was just going to ask for an occasional link to the grid. lol

Anyway, I'll take the CHA 13.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Post it notes are everyone's friend. I'd probably colour code them by stat.

The benefit of post-it notes is that players can stick them on the table or a piece of paper, or book cover in the stat order as they choose, thus having a very clear representation of where they are at in the draft that stays put but can be adjusted. The downside is they are sticky and not as thick as index cards and thus get stuck to things/crumpled easily.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
The benefit of post-it notes is that players can stick them on the table or a piece of paper, or book cover in the stat order as they choose, thus having a very clear representation of where they are at in the draft that stays put but can be adjusted. The downside is they are sticky and not as thick as index cards and thus get stuck to things/crumpled easily.
From a process/functional standpoint I might do the whole thing standing up with all the notes on the wall or a whiteboard. Put the draft stats in the middle and everyone's character spaces around that. Keeps all the info front and center. On the downside there's nowhere obvious to put your beer.

Edit: I'd probably also use the 3x3" sized post its rather than the smallest size. I'm old, my friends are old, and micro writing isn't our friend.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I found the cards I used for the last in-person stat draft I did but did not want to take the trouble of setting them back up for a pic (sorry), so just laid a few out on the table so you get the idea.

260624669_261730319268435_3366182022480611214_n.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases