• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please Brench!

Av3rnus said:
Bah. The posts I grew up reading were 'expunged', not 'deleted'. I guess it just goes to show how threads are catering to the anime and WoW crowds these days...
When I was a kid, we didn't delete anything. We just PLONKed people we didn't like.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hobo said:
When I was a kid, we didn't delete anything. We just PLONKed people we didn't like.
Plonking is an act of individualism against an individual, while deleting is an act on behalf of an organization against a structure. One is blatantly chaotic, while the other is strongly lawful.

Cheers, -- N

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Those who are now using WotC's "brench" instead of the old-school "delete" are nothing but sheep who will jump on any bandwagon offered to them as they try to make hay while the iron is hot.

And also this thread is the "New Coke" of deleted threads.

Also, Piratecat is a corndog-eater.

Lackhand

First Post
The whole Plonking debate is just beating a brenched horse. I think most people agree on the difference between a delete and a plonk in their respective contexts.

The actual interesting meat is when you plonk a thread or delete a poster. That's what brenching is meant to span; I hope this thread's lessening the mechanical impact of a plonk or a delete will make for smoother, creamier posting.

I know it has for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads