Plot Idea wanted: Family Hunt

root.tar

First Post
I am searching for some nice plot ideas: the regime of an almighty state is trying to raze a trading family (the PCs).

Does anyone have some suggestions for a conspirating background?
Thanks for help.

Stormonu

Legend
I'd love to throw some ideas your way, but canI get some clarifications first?

Are you wanting back history why the Regime wants to raze the trading house or ways the trading house might be brought low? Is the trading house based in the regime's state or elsewhere?

root.tar

First Post
First of all I want a back history. The consequence should come up as an important story element.

>Are you wanting back history why the Regime wants to raze the trading >house or ways the trading house might be brought low?
I have no preference there.

>Is the trading house based in the regime's state or elsewhere?
It is a global trading house. The base is elsewhere.

R-Hero

Explorer
I'll take a stab at it.

Have the traders/family be very sucssesful at business. They can be the leaders in trying to open up free trade. In such they push for lower taxes for all, therby decreasing the power of those in charge.

The family/traders could push for open trading with countries/townships/tribes that the state/government/monarchy has put on an embargo.

The family could push for the end of slavery in there home or with a trading partner...

...Or just turn these around if you are going from the angle of the ones in charge.

Need more input, Root.

Stormonu

Legend
Very likely, the whole hatred will revolve around taxes.

I'm thinking that the global trading house approached the kingdom for certain trading rights, and expecting a large influx of taxes, the government agreed. However, when the ruler put out his hand expecting a large sum of money, all he recieved was a pitance. When an explination was demanded, the trading house claimed it was paying only what was due of them by contract; they had very poor sales in the country. This has been ongoing for years, and though the merchant house has been doing well, the ruler feels he is being slighted in what he is due.

The last staw came in the midst of war. For lack of funds, a major battle was lost. Furthermore, the trading house was trading goods with "the enemy". Despite its prostetations of its neutrality and that it has been long trading with every known country, the kingdom sees the act as treasonous. The ruling body has decided it is not only the trading house's fault, but the government seeks to seize the assets it believes are rightfully theirs - and then some, damn the consequences.

Remove ads